Immeasurably Greater Plans

Immeasurably Greater Plans

The plans might not be mapped out by my hands, but I know they are mapped out by His.

2
Google

It’s scary sometimes. Not knowing what the future is going to look like, barely even knowing what the next few weeks will look like. I realized, as I began summer planning (a little too late, might I add), that life is so unpredictable, so extremely terrifying sometimes. Planning isn’t my strongest suit. I guess I just figured everything would work out, that I could worry about where I would stay and what I would do when the time came. To be fair, life was crazy busy at the time, so planning for something that seemed so far away just wasn’t on my immediate to-do list. Anyways, as I began worrying about the summer, it was like this huge spiral of worries just began to amount. I realized I was worried about not only this summer, but about the future in general. I don’t know what I will be doing, where I will be, or how I will do anything and everything I need to do next.

Then I realized, I don’t need to know. The thing is, even though the plans might not all be mapped out by my own hands, I know that they are mapped out by Another’s. My Creator has each and every perfect plan in mind and these are so much greater than any of my own intentions, hopes, dreams and goals.

During this time, as I fretted about silly little plans, God was working.

A friend of mine saw me one day and told me she knew someone who needed a few girls to stay with her over the summer, and that the cost would be much lower than my original plans (a huge prayer on my heart!). I hadn’t brought anything up about my worries but this came at the perfect moment. Soon, I was at the beautiful house, talking through details and arrangements, and I was overwhelmed by how things were falling into place. My amazing Father always seems to do this, doesn’t he? He fits all the little, messy pieces together into a beautiful picture, something only He could do. And we are left in amazement, with praise on our lips.

Ephesians 3:20 says this: “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever!”

Trust Him. Do not let worry consume you when something doesn’t seem to be working out. I promise you that your Father knows and sees it all, that His plans are immeasurably greater than anything you could ask for.