Imitation IS a Form of Flattery

Imitation IS a Form of Flattery

(When dealing with siblings)

16
Imitation IS a Form of Flattery

I never approved of the saying: “Imitation is a form of flattery”.

However, I learned to approve of it when it dealt with my little siblings.

I think all us older siblings can agree that our younger sibling(s) have gotten under our skin multiple times whether it was them copying what we wore, how we acted, what we did, or if they snitched on us, or if they were just flat out being annoying.

Eventually, I got over that stage. I grew up.

One day it just hit me. I should appreciate the fact that I have someone looking up to me constantly. It motivated me to be a better person knowing that I had eyes watching me, and I began to take pride in being an older sister.

So here is my advice to you: let them copy what you wear, let them copy how you act, copy what you do for fun, or copy what you order from your favorite restaurant. You are guiding them along the pathway that allows them to figure out who they are you are their help along the way.

Let your young sibling(s) inspire you, better you, and help create you.