I'm A Work In Progress

I'm A Work In Progress

Get Started & Don't Stop!

434

I'm not perfect. I will never be perfect and that's okay. I'm a human and I make mistakes. I laugh, I cry, I make memories, and I forget some of them. I'm still young (At the ripe age of 20) and I have a lot to learn. I always have something new to learn. I'm always striving for more and wanting more out of life. I make adjustments and continue to fine tune things within our lives. For me, I'm always striving for a better life physically, spiritually, educationally, emotionally etc.

I feel as though we should always be striving for more out of life. We don't know how long we have on earth, so we might as well go for it, right? Well, that's sometimes a tough pill to swallow. Wanting self-improvement is a tough process. Think about how diamonds are made. You take a dirty piece of coal that no one wants to touch and put it through a ton of heat and pressure and out comes a beautiful diamond. We all like the diamond but don't always like the process that goes along with it. We all like the prize but don't always want to the pay the price.

I will always be a work in progress. I'm never going to be perfect or anything close to it. Why strive for perfection anyway? The best stories and life lessons come from your mistakes. In case you don't know, I'm a stand-up comedian (Which explains the sarcasm in my articles) and I mess up all the time on stage. It is through the mistakes that we learn the most. My mentor always tells me it's like learning how to ride a bike. Of course, you don't want to fall, but you're going to fall, it's inevitable. But, do you stay down or get up and try again?

I will always be a work in progress. Progress means you're always moving forward even when you sometimes have some setbacks. Whether it is financial, spiritual, emotional, educational or anything else in your life you have to keep moving forward. Progress takes time and we don't always like it. Personally, I am I looking to progress my spiritual life, financial life, and relationships with others. There will always be mistakes in every aspect of my life. That sounds weird to say, but it will happen, I just have to prepare myself. Proper preparation prevents poor performance. I will always be a work in progress but don't worry, I'm in it to win it!