I'm Ready To Go Back To School

I'm Ready To Go Back To School

Call me SpongeBob, but I'm ready.

208
I'm Ready To Go Back To School
Wikia

With summer winding down, the next year of school will be kicking off very shortly. Before college, I used to dread going back to school. Summers were always filled with friends, bonfires and lifelong memories. School starting in August was like a dark cloud raining on my happiness. But as I've gotten older, I actually miss school in the summer. Some people might think I'm crazy, but I'm ready to go back to college.

I'm ready to see all of my friends again. College is such a blessing because you are able to meet incredible people and make friendships that will last a lifetime. These irreplaceable bonds mean so much more because they are made at a time when you need them the most. In college, you usually do not have your family or friends from home. You are completely out of your comfort zone and having people that will be there for you during this time is important. While that is grand and all, many of these people end up going their separate ways during the summer, whether that be moving home, studying abroad or going on vacation. We all disperse and it feels as if something isn't quite whole. I can't wait until the gang is reunited and we continue making memories right where we left off. We will finally all be living in the same town again, going out and acting like we own the joint.

I'm ready for the college atmosphere. Warning: never go to a college campus in the summer unless you want to be disappointed. The campus is deserted and there is usually a lot of construction. It can be a nice break for a little while from the crowded dining halls and the congested quad, but being surrounded by people can be fun. I'm craving the school spirit and random merchandise giveaways. I miss the Greek life competitions and Zumba classes. If you have a break between classes, you can simply just sit and people-watch. College campuses are so neat because you get to see many different people, each one unique in their own way. Diversity is essential for a healthy, well-rounded lifestyle. College provides this in more ways than one can imagine.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm actually ready for the school part of college. While classes are extremely stressful, they are also engaging. Aside from the boring gen eds, your major designed courses should be interesting. I mean that's why we are going to college in the first place, to pursue something we are passionate about. Of course, they will be difficult, but nobody said college was going to be easy. Call me a nerd if you wish, but I like to be challenged. These classes should get you excited for the future and help navigate your path in life.

Once done with that last final in the spring, all thoughts are of how amazing summer is going to be. When in reality, you probably have spent most nights laying in bed watching Netflix. And there's no shame in that. Summer is supposed to be a time when we can finally relax. But relaxation can only last so long before turning into boredom. When the semester is in full swing, there is always something going on. If you're in the school spirit, there are plenty of sporting events for you to watch or participate in. If you feel like going out, there are parties almost every night. If you decide to make a food run at 2 a.m., there is always someone down to join you.

Having a break from all of this hustle and bustle is definitely needed from time to time, but there is also a certain thrill that comes with it, a longing. College isn't going to last forever so why not make the most of it when you're here? I might get stuck with crappy professors and it is guaranteed that I'll complain about school 1,928,740,836 times during the semester, but as of now, I'm ready to go back.