"I'm On A Diet" As Told By A College Student

When the word "diet" is more like a joke than anything

4
me

I am a junior in college, I work three jobs, I pay bills, I try to keep up with fashion trends and the most current popular music, but even for a 20 year old that is becoming more and more difficult! One thing that I have always tried to do since I got to college is eat healthier, and while I thought that would be easy as pie....I ended up just eating pie. So this is my version of a diet because when you're a broke college kid....the closest thing to diet food is going to be a diet lemonade from ChickFilA.

1. First of all, Taco Bell is so cheap and so satisfying and I don't think I will ever stop eating it even if it's my cheat snack for all of eternity.

2. "Breakfast" can be anywhere from a bowl of captain crunch, to yogurt, to a cookie, or a piece of pizza from two nights ago...I would say be proud if I make a healthy choice, but just be proud if I even remember breakfast.

3. You can get a burrito the size of an average newborn baby at Moes on Monday for five bucks and some change, HOW can I resist that? A salad is eight...

4. That one night I eat super healthy and then everyone decides to go to Waffle House at 2am ...

5. "I'm going to start my diet today" *5 hours in* Or tomorrow because I forgot it's fried chicken Wednesday in the caf

6. *See's a Pizza Hut commercial while working on a stressful presentation* "That will be my reward, that and a lava cake from dominos and a sweet tea"

7. *Acts like fruit gummies are a healthy choice, so eats whole entire box in one sitting*

8. How can you diet and still go to Mexican?

9. *Orders an entire bowl of queso for yourself*

10. Why is fruit so expensive?

11. Why are vegetables so expensive

12. Taco Bell has $1 grillers....

13. *Pushes back diet start date to another 3 days*

One thing my struggle with having such a broad pallet, and so little to choose from when it comes to diet choices, is that you have to be willing to make an actual life style change. Forming habits is essential to changing yourself, and dropping those extra pounds. Also, it is OKAY to love food; you just have to learn how to control your portions, and be happy in your OWN skin, and if you're not, stop complaining and do something about it!!

xoxo,

Casey