I'm Not Ready To Give Up Yet

I'm Not Ready To Give Up Yet

If you only read one political post, let this be it.

45
I'm Not Ready To Give Up Yet
Scoopnest.com

The first two weeks of Trump's presidency is well over and I do not even know what to think. My heart is crying out for every single person who is being held from seeing their family. My tears have left welps on my cheeks from all the racism and my heart is branded with the lives of the people who committed suicide because of pure hate. Liberals are riotting, republicans are demanding that people get a backbone...I am mentally, physically, and emotionally drained. I'm not going to sit behind this computer screen and pretend that I know what policies are best for our country because I don't. I love America but I don't always love what it represents.

To be completely honest? I don't believe one man can fix this. It's gonna take all of us. It's gonna take me and you showing random acts of kindness. It's gonna take patience. It's gonna take compassion. It's gonna take LOVE. Man, it's gonna take so much love. People should be good to each other because they want to spread love and not because they want something in return. No more hate. No more racism. No more greed. No more misogyny. No more sexism. No more tearing someone down because they believe differently than you do. My heart breaks for this county. So many tears have been shed. I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to give up on my country yet. My mom always taught me to FIGHT for what I believe in and I believe in the people of this country.

We are divided and no one man can change that. It will take all of us. So call upon yourself to act graciously, think kindly, inhale beauty, exhale knowledge, and speak with love. Call on yourselves to teach your children that everyone is equal and deserving of love. I know what you're thinking..."I can't control the idiocracy of some." This is true but you can control how you react to it. Your positive attitude will become contagious and if you walk with grace, people will follow.

We are not gonna fix this country in a few months, we are not gonna fix it in a year, or even a few years but we have to start somewhere. We have got to change and if our country going up in flames isn't enough to get you to change, let me leave you with one more thought to ponder...there is a video floating around on the internet of a child committing suicide. Stop the hate, America.