I'm Back
Lifestyles

I'm Back

Did you miss me?

174
I'm Back

It's been quite some time since I last wrote and damn, have I missed it. I guess you can say I got caught up in life. It wasn't until I was sitting in an interview for a dream job where he complimented me on my writing for the Odyssey. I thought to myself, "people can still see those?" I was flattered and on my drive home (after I accepted the job offer) I decided I wanted to try writing again at my own pace.

To start, I finished my sophomore year successfully. Sophomore year was insanely busy. I moved to a new dorm halfway through and met some of my best friends. Over spring break my best friend, Jess and I traveled across the country on a different kind of spring break. We went skiing in Utah. We had the absolute time of our lives and safe to say, I fell in love with Salt Lake City. So much that that's where I plan on moving once I graduate in May.

After I finished sophomore year I traveled to Los Angeles to visit my twin cousins. We had so much fun. I had never been to SoCal before and now I understand why everyone loves it out there so much. We ate a lot of acai bowls, took some selfies with seals, searched for celebs and watched my cousin perform in her rock-n-roll band, damn that was cool.

Once I returned from LA, I moved straight to Cape Cod. For as long as I can remember my family and I spent a week or two on Cape Cod each summer and it was always a dream of mine to live there for an entire summer and work. So, I moved in with my good friend, Mary and I got a job at a quaint restaurant called the Lobster Trap. How Cape Cod is that name?! I made so many new forever friends on Cape that summer. I worked insane hours, made a crap ton of money, and maybe drank a little too much, but hey that's okay. That summer came to an end earlier than expected, I ran myself down and relapsed with Mono (lol).

Now we are up to junior year. I moved into this place called the Cottages and it was way better than the dorms. I was living in the life of luxury. I had my own bedroom with a queen-sized bed, my own bathroom and walk-in closet. Junior year was a success as well. In December my family and I had a non-traditional Christmas. We went to Salt Lake City together to ski and tour the University of Utah for my brother. Safe to say he fell in love and now he is there for his freshman year.

February of my Junior year I traveled down to Tampa, FL with my ItWorks! team and learned about our amazing company and surrounded myself with other boss babes. In March I traveled down to Florida again for spring break. This time I went with my besties from school. We stayed in New Smyrna Beach. We had such a relaxing time. Every day was spent at the pool or beach drinking margaritas.

In April my baby cousin, Eliza Fern came into this world and we all love her to pieces. We absolutely can't get enough! She is now almost 6 months.

Shortly after my Florida adventures, junior year came to a screeching halt. My roomies graduated, and I was left with no one. Just kidding! I met a girl named Gina and she went to the University of Maryland, College Park. She moved in and we became best friends and there was Jackie too, but she didn't live with us. They worked at IT at Liberty Mutual and I was in the sales department. Any who, interning at Liberty was a great experience and I learned so much.

Over the summer a lot had happened. To start off, I turned 21 on June 11th. On my birthday I had found out that my Pop Pops had passed. He wasn't doing well for a while, so we were all relieved to know he was no longer suffering. I am forever thankful I will be able to share my birthday with him, forever and ever. A month later I traveled to Vegas... with my mom. No crazy stories there. We did see a mind-blowing magic show though.

NOW we are finally ALL caught up to the present. I just started my senior year of college and couldn't be any more excited. I have already planned my next adventure, any guesses?

STAY TUNED XX