I Enjoy Thanksgiving But I'm Ready For The Christmas Season
Seasonal

Honestly I've been celebrating since November 1st.

681

Let's be real the last three months of the year is the time of year that I look forward to every year. It's not just because my birthday starts it off but also because of the cooler weather coming in. This time of year is the fun holiday season and I don't know about most people but I love when my whole family is able to come together to eat good food and spend time with each other since we all live far away.

Thanksgiving is a great holiday and I love the food that my family prepares for it. Everyone has an assigned dish to make, usually my mom does the bulk of it, but we all try and help when we can. Thanksgiving morning we have the Macy's day parade on even though we do not really watch it, while my dad is getting the turkey ready. By 11:00 am the kitchen is already smelling so good. Once the food is all ready we say the blessing and dive in to feast on the delish food that has been cooking all day.

God has given me so many blessings to be thankful for this year and I am always very grateful for everything that he has done for me. That is why I am so ready for the Christmas season to begin, even though I have been celebrating it early and my friends have been telling that it's too early I still sing Christmas songs anyway. Christmas is not only a special season because of all the loving hearts, giving spirits and joyful souls that people have during this time of year but, the main reason for the season is about Jesus Christ and celebrating his birth. God's greatest gift for us was his son and he did that out of love even when He knew what was going to come next.

My biggest wish for this Christmas season is that everyone would enjoy what they love doing which is giving gifts to those that they love, but to not let that consume what this time of year is all about. In Hebrews 12:28 it states " Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe." I like this verse because we are all so unworthy of God's love, but he gives it to us anyway and he blesses us and we need to be thankful. Not just during the time that we are supposed to be but rather all year long. I hope that everyone has a happy Thanksgiving, eat all the turkey, Mac n cheese, green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry jelly and whatever else you enjoy.