5 Ways To Increase Your Daily Motivation

During quarantine, it may seem hard to be motivated or do anything besides lay in bed and watch Netflix all day, but there are little things you can do during the day that will make you feel better. This doesn't mean you have to run a marathon every day to feel good about yourself but instead focus on small things that will make a big impact. Here are five things you can do every day in order to feel happier, healthier, and more productive.

1. Look good to feel good!

No, this doesn't mean wear a cocktail dress and high heels around the house 24/7. It is proven that just by changing your clothes, putting on a little makeup, and even just brushing your hair, you will be more likely to have a more productive day and be in a more positive mood. If you stay in your pajamas and slippers all day, you are more likely to lay on the couch with a bag of chips all day then get anything done. By getting dressed and putting yourself together a little bit, you will be more ready to take on the day!

2. Drink a glass of water right when you wake up.

What's the first thing most people want to drink right when they wake up? Coffee, 100 percent, at least for me. Before, drinking your morning cup of coffee, try to drink at least one glass of water right when you get out of bed. Water will kick start your metabolism for the day and will wake you up quicker than coffee will. Your body is dehydrated when you first wake up which is why you feel groggy in the morning and your throat is usually dry. By drinking a glass of water you are starting the day by treating your body right. You will feel way more awake then if you didn't!

3. Make your bed immediately

By making your bed first thing in the morning, it is proven that you will have a more productive day then if you didn't. You are starting your day out by getting something done, which makes you want to do that more throughout the day. Also, you are more likely to crawl back into bed ten minutes later if it is unmade. If you just put the work in to make your bed, you aren't gonna wanna mess it up so you will most likely be more active than just going back to sleep or watching TV.

4. Say three good things about your day at dinner

This may be at the end of your day, but it will set you up for happiness in the days to come. Whether it was a horrible day or a good day, take five minutes during dinner and say three good things that happened to either yourself or whoever you are with. It could be as simple as, I woke up today healthy or the sun was out. There are always at least three good things about someone's day and by looking at the positive side and being appreciative you are transforming your mindset to be happy about the little things. My family and I have done this for years, and I promise it really does work.

5. Go for walks!

Going for walks is a great way to get yourself moving and feeling better. It isn't too strenuous but still helps your body release endorphins, which make you happy. Try going for a walk in the morning and a walk in the evening. Walking at both times gives you two different positive outcomes. Walking in the morning makes you feel good about yourself for getting up and doing something, and then you will most likely be productive for the rest of the day because you want to keep feeling that way. Walking in the evening will help you feel more relaxed when you get back and help you end the day with a positive feeling about all you accomplished for the day. Along with that, it will also help you burn calories while you sleep.

There are lots of little things you can do to be happy, healthy, and more productive, but putting these five things in your daily routine is definitely important. Now is the time to feel good and get things done, so making good habits will help you get started into living a happier life.