11 Things You'll Always Hear If You're An Identical Twin

Yes, you are seeing double.

277

Being a twin is something extremely special. Throughout my life as a twin, I have heard the same things over and over again. People look at you certain ways and ask the same questions. You are constantly being called the wrong name.

Despite all of this, I wouldn't change being a twin for the world. Having someone just like you that is always by your side is something I can't even begin to explain. All I know is I am so lucky!

If you have a twin, I'm sure you'll be able to relate to all of the stuff people say when they realize you're two peas in a pod.

1. "Do you guys ever switch places?"

Unfortunately, my twin and I are bad at the same subjects. However, if she was a math whiz, I would definitely have her take my finals for me.

2. "Can your parents tell you apart?"

Of course they can, they're my parents! Sometimes they say we look super similar, but they'll always know who's who.

3. "Are you guys twins?"

This question usually comes after some intense staring and a confused look. Yes, you are seeing double!

4. "Do you like having a twin?"

Duh, this is my life! Having someone around that's just like me is super awesome, and you'll always have a friend around. It's impossible to get bored!

5. "Hey, *insert twin's name here*."

I am so used to being called the wrong name. When people get us mixed up, it's seriously no biggie. But sometimes people feel terrible, so I just go along with whatever name it is they called me. Maybe I'll correct you, maybe I won't! It depends how I feel that day.

6. "Will your sister feel it if I hit you?"

We're not conjoined, so no, I will not feel it if you punch my sister. But you can try!

7. "Can you read each other's minds?"

Unfortunately, we don't have super powers. Although I keep wishing for the day that my twin and I are like Tia and Tamera Mowry in Twitches…

8. "Which one is the evil twin?"

Neither! We're actually both pretty nice people, believe it or not. We keep each other in check when the other is being a jerk.

9. "You're like one person!"

Actually, we're two DIFFERENT people, and you should treat us as such. We may look very similar, but there are things that make us our own separate person. We are more than just twins!

10. "How can I tell you guys apart?"

Well, I know the difference, because I'm me. So I'm probably not the best person to ask. The more you get to know our personalities, the easier it will be to tell us apart!

11. "Do you guys ever fight?"

Just because we're similar doesn't mean we always get along. That being said, we do fight every so often, but never about anything too serious. There's no point in holding a grudge when you're always going to be together!

If you have a twin, I hope you take advantage of it. Having a close relationship with your twin makes life a lot more enjoyable because you have someone to enjoy it with. Always remember to use your twin power for good, and not evil!