If Your Roommate Is Your Person

If Your Roommate Is Your Person

Life would be incomplete without her.

11
If Your Roommate Is Your Person

Let me just start off by saying that to enjoy college, your roommate does not have to be your best friend. As long as you're living with someone who you can somewhat get along with and you stay out of each other's stuff, life should be just fine. If you're like me, however, then you're lucky enough to be able to call your roommate your best friend and go-to person.

If your roommate is your person, be grateful. A random roommate is a terrifying concept. We've all heard those horror stories about crazy roommates, thieves, late night guests (if you know what I mean), etc. Some people are just not meant to live together. Not all friends are meant to be roommates. You may love your best friend more than life, but the second you start living together, you may find that a little distance is what's best for the two of you. It's rare to have that person that you can really call your best friend and your roommate, which is why when you find that perfect person, it's a lot like meeting your soulmate. Sappy and dramatic, I know, but it's true.

Living with your bestie is one of the greatest things ever. You will always have someone who knows exactly what's going on in your life, so you don't have to constantly explain. You have someone who you can tell everything to and they genuinely care and understand who and what you're talking about. You'll always have someone to consult before sending that risky text or making a big decision. Every night feels like a sleepover and you never get judged for eating an entire order of cinna-squares. You never have to walk home alone at night or worry about making it home safely. You always have someone who's not afraid to put you in check when you're wrong or drag you home when you're having a little too much fun on a Friday night. I could keep going, but if your roommate is your person, then you know exactly what I mean.

So thank you for being you, roomie. Life would be weird and incomplete without you. And if your roommate isn't your person, I guess that's OK too, but it sure does make life a lot better.