If You Record Entire Concerts You're The Worst Type Of Fan

Sincerely, every seasoned concert goer

13
Lauren Barnette

Picture this. You're at a concert, seeing your favorite band and they start your favorite song. You can't even see the band because every person in the crowd has their phone up, dying to record every second of the show; clogging their data with pictures and videos they will probably never actually watch, or worse, clogging their stories for everyone to see poorly-lit, loud videos for every one of their friends to click through.

People become so engrossed in getting the perfect shot that they forget to be in the moment, and just enjoy their time there. I promise you, as someone who used to be you, the shitty videos and blurry pictures are not worth it. Being in the moment, breathing in and living in the time and space where you are a mere few feet from your favorite people on the planet, is something you will never get back.

A common culture of rock shows is to mosh, crowd surf, or just overall dance around and enjoy the space. This is being stunted by a crowd of cell phones in the air, causing people to be annoyed by crowd surfers because they don't want to drop their phone, or it made their otherwise perfect video 'ruined'. Instead of feeding off the energy of the crowd, you then are getting angry and letting something ruin a moment that you could have just enjoyed. You probably left the concert, still mad about that girl you had to help over the crowd or the guy that ran into you when you stood next to the mosh pit- refusing to step away from that area when you did not want to take part.

If you don't like crowd culture, get out of the crowd. Put your phone down, be in the moment and enjoy those around you having a good time. Once you calm down and join the fun, you'll see why wanting this moment live on your phone instead of actually living in it is a huge mistake.