If You Had to Choose a Superpower, What Would It Be?

The answer is obvious, duh?
5888

What super power would I choose? Easy question, allow me to explain.

Intangibility; the underdog of all superpowers, trivialized and forgotten about, but exponentially more valuable than all the rest. This mutant power allows one to pass through solid form without harm to oneself. Essentially, the ability to defy the laws of physics and gravity at will. This power grants access to every closed door, locked gate and the secrets that lay behind them. How did the majority of comic creators and cartoon designers forget about this superpower? One can only guess. But this is by far one of the most superior powers to exist.

Every human can only count the number of times they’ve locked themselves out of a car or house until they feel pathetic. Next time your key decides to play a sick joke on you, phase through the metal, wood or steel that stands in your way through absolute control of molecular density. Are you late for a meeting on the first floor and the only elevator available has a thirty-five-minute wait? Just plummet through the floor, with grace and class.

Ever need to avoid an ex but have limited hiding options?

Intangibility allows you to literally hide in a wall, a tree trunk or a refrigerator evading inevitable awkward small talk and/ or humiliation.

Not only is this the most convenient power to have, but it ensures protection. Are you locked in a shed fifty miles deep in a tropical rainforest? Phase through the walls and emerge as an absolute badass. Stuck in a bathroom with a dead phone and no windows? Transcend through the tile.

Let’s also not forget, it’s almost impossible to get hurt. No more bruises from walking into glass doors, paper cuts, and of course, the most gruesome of them all; the toe stub. Your big toe will forever be indebted to you; after securing the power of intangibility your foot will glide through your bedpost. Unfortunately for every other being, they are imposed with the laws of physics limiting their movement and flexibility.

Sure, maybe Superman can fly, but what happens if he flies into a building? SPLAT is the answer. Spiderman can use his spidey-senses to combat all obstacles thrown at him. But what could Shadowcat do? She manipulates space to WALK through the obstacles, almost like it is too easy.

Leave the other superpowers to the amateurs, and indulge yourself with intangibility like I would.