If You Had A Rough Semester

If You Had A Rough Semester

If your semester didn't go the way you planned, its okay!

231
If You Had A Rough Semester
YouTube

This is for the students who had a rough semester of college. The students who felt like this entire semester was one enormous, never-ending mess. Whether you felt like your grades just weren't up to par, you had other things going on, or you just weren't getting into the swing of things, it's okay and you're not the only one!

There were numerous times through this first semester at college that I wanted to give up. I felt like everything that could go wrong, did. I kept on thinking to myself, "Is this really for me?" "Can I do this?" I can't count the number of times that I cried because I felt like the struggles were never ending. I can't tell you how many times I overslept because I went to bed too late the night before or I forgot to set my alarm. You couldn't imagine how many times I went to class looking like I got hit by a bus, especially during the last few weeks and final exam week. I was exhausted, burnt out, and didn't think that any amount of caffeine was going to get me through it.

My grades weren't where I wanted them to be and I didn't feel like I was reaching my full potential. I was getting approximately 2 hours of sleep because I was either studying, up stressing, or trying to maintain the social life every college student is supposed to have. Throughout this semester I kept feeling like no matter how hard I tried on some assignments or how long I studied or how much I thought I knew, I still didn't get the grades that I wanted. Sometimes it seemed like I studied the material for 50 hours and still ended up making a 45 on the test. I was doing really well in some classes, but I was drowning in others.

I got tired of being a broke student and was craving for a real meal. I was tired of heating up ramen noodles and Easy Mac in the microwave. I missed my family, and I struggled to balance everything. Of course I have tons of new friends and have this home away from home at college, but it's not the same. It's not the same as being able to hug my mom and spill everything I think and feel.

It was beginning to look like it was never going to get better and that it was all bleak. I was looking around at some other students who had it all figured out and had their life together and a 4.0. I felt like the bad grades I made were the end of the world and that my family wouldn't be proud of me because I wasn't making all A's and B's.

Not to mention all the drama whether it was family-related or amongst friends or even people who weren't my friends. They say all the drama will be left behind in high school, but I've learned it can still follow, new drama will always be created, and new rumors will circulate. Oh and let's not forget the many parking tickets.

After holding on till the end and making it to Christmas break, I have had to remind myself of a few things. This is my journey, and I can't compare it to anyone else's just because this seemed to be a semester where they shined. These are my experiences, which will, in turn, make me stronger. I am not going to give up or pity myself. I am only going to look at it as a learning experience and make my next semester of college a better one.

Everything happens for a reason and God has magnificent plans for us all if we just have a little bit of faith. Just because you experienced a rough semester, doesn't mean that it won't get better or that you're not where you're supposed to be. It doesn't mean that you won't graduate or achieve success in life. It was just that, a rough semester and that's all it dwindles down to. You gave it your best effort, and it doesn't mean we should give up on our dreams or stop believing in ourselves. It just means pick yourself up and keep going because the day you receive your degree it will all be worth it.