If You Don't Love Your Job, Quit.

If You Don't Love Your Job, Quit.

1, 2, 3, Family.

45
If You Don't Love Your Job, Quit.

Working for Universal Cheerleaders Association (UCA) has been such a rewarding experience. As a young cheerleader going to cheer camp at Pine Forest I used to idolize the UCA instructors that would demo stunts flawlessly and have the tightest motions.. all while having picture-perfect hair and makeup.It is crazy to be on the other side of a cheerleading camp teaching the hundreds of young cheerleaders that you were once apart of. The experience is more than you can imagine and you can only understand it if you get to be part of this family.

• Gaining A Second Family
    “Work week” is where you meet everyone in your region that you will potentially work with throughout the summer. One of the best aspects about this job is that we all have a common love for cheerleading and wanting to better all the young cheerleaders that we teach. Having a common love for a sport and job with so many people is the reason why UCA is one big family.

• Growing Up And Being On Your Own
    Camps vary from state to state and you most likely have to get yourself there on your own which is a big responsibility. This job usually requires late nights and early mornings so being able to wake up after a minimum amount of sleep, get yourself together, look presentable, and teach kids how to cheer early in the morning with a smile on your face is pretty much part of the job.

• Traveling To New Places
    There’s nothing cooler than going to another region for work. Hopping on a plane to go teach dances, cheers, and stunts to kids in another state is such a cool experience. Not only do you get to meet teams from other areas, but also other instructors.

• Making New Friends From All Over The Country
    9/10 times when you get put on a camp (especially your rookie year) you have to form a stunt group with girls/guys that you’ve never stunted with before and demonstrate them perfectly either the day you meet or the day after. It is crazy how you can go to a new state and work with people you have never met before and then in 4 days become best friends with them.
  • The Experience
    I promise you that the experiences at camps are unlike any others. Whether it is at the camp itself or at night when camp is over, no matter what you and the other staff members are doing it is always full of memories that you will never forget. (S/O Danville, VA Staff)
  • The Rewarding Feeling of Helping The Campers Excel Through Camp To The End Of Their Season
    There’s not many feelings in the world better than when a camper comes up to you the final day of camp and tells you how much you have helped them and how they want to be just like you when they’re older. The cool thing about that, is that they actually can become a staffer when they’re out of high school and they can inspire more kids just like we are now. Being able to help campers in the summer and then see them at a competition hit their routine perfectly with skills that you taught them is such a rewarding feeling.

• Teaching Kids The Right Way Of Cheerleading
    There are so many different methods and programs cheerleaders can learn techniques from, but whether you’re from Texas or New York every instructor is taught the same techniques at “work week” so that we can better the cheerleaders in every state.

• Having So Many Cheer Friends
    If you cheer in college, coach a high school team, judge cheerleading competitions, or work events you are bound to see at least one of your friends from UCA in the winter. It really sucks going so long without seeing some of your best friends so any reunion is the best reunion!

Even though I cheer on a 5 time collegiate national championship team I am no where near an expert at cheerleading. Every camp I learn more and more from other instructors, coaches, and campers that I can bring back to my own team.