If You Don't Listen To Podcasts, Here Are 11 To Get You Started

Entertaining, educational, deep, and everything in between.

40
Unsplash

The pool of podcasts to chose from are vast and, quite frankly, overwhelming. Heck, I might have to quit my job just to be able to listen to all of the podcasts I want to listen to. Podcasts range from educational, entertaining, to more deep and personal topics. I highly suggest giving one of these a try depending on what you are in the mood for or what you are interested in. Here is a compilation of some podcasts of varying content to get you started:

1.  Deep Astronomy

Does outer space fascinate you? Explore scientific and philosophical understandings of the universe in an hour-long podcast from the big bang to neutrinos and exploration.

2. Overheard at National Geographic

Looking to stay more local and explore the United States' wonders? Explorers, photographers, and scientists unite to discuss matters relating to the national parks. Learn about scientific projects, discoveries, history, and conspiracies of some of the nation's most popular natural areas.

3. Noble Blood

Interesting in the world's royalty? Check out this podcast to learn about both sides of royalty throughout history from the murderers to the murdered, the fates of the multiple wives of kings, and weddings gone bad.

4. Philosophize This!

Want to learn about beginner level ideas and thinkers? I highly suggest listening to this podcast in chronological order. With over a hundred episodes to dive into, you will begin to understand philosophy and it's history.

5. Comedy Bang Bang

In the mood to laugh rather than learn? Join Scott Aukerman as he interviews celebrities comedically and infuses games, comedy sketches, and improv.

6. Best Friends

Another comedic podcasts by two best friends Nicole Byer and Sasheer Zamata. These ladies offer advice on love, life, and more. The pair will make you laugh with their best friend shenanigans.

7. Intelligence Squared

Explore current topics with the straight facts. Topics range from coronavirus to football, the climate crisis, capitalism, and history. Each episode is a new discussion that brings in experts from the field.

8. 10 Things That Scare Me

Ready to face your biggest fears? Ready to hear others face their biggest fears? Tune in to hear a different fear in each new episode. Someone sits alone in a room and talks about their biggest fear, ranging from funny to deep.

9.  Beautiful Stories From Anonymous People

Chris Gethard talks to anonymous callers in this both comedic and profound podcast. Discussions range from confessions, philosophical discussions, venting, self-promotion, and more. People get really brave when their conversation is anonymous.

10.  Morbidology

Want all the juicy details on famous crime cases? Emily G. is an investigative researcher who compiles 911 audios, trial testimonies, interviews, and more to share the details of some of the world's most famous cases.

11.  99% Invisible

Interested in exploring often overlooked aspects of art and design? This podcast discusses elements of design relating to hair texture, Roman Mars, and fashion, to name a few.

Not sure which one to listen to today? Neither am I. Honestly, these are all great podcasts and you cannot go wrong here. Dive into one, and give them a start!