If "The Office" Characters Were Dogs

If "The Office" Characters Were Dogs

Because obviously everyone has been wondering this

3137
If "The Office" Characters Were Dogs
AV Club

Are you ever just watching "The Office" and think, "man, I wonder what kind of dog Kevin would be"?

Yeah, me neither. But that's part of what makes you want to click on this. It's like, "wow I've never thought about this before, and there is no reason I ever should in a million years, but for some unknown reason I want to know."

Don't worry, I know my role here.

But for some ungodly reason I feel like my life has been leading up to this moment. Like, this is what I was put on this earth to do. Which I know is pathetic, but I know my place. I have been destined for dumb humor and mediocrity, I accepted this fate long ago. I also know you're probably not even going to read this intro, you just want to look at the dogs, so I'm just going to get on with this.

1. Michael Scott: Vizsla

Michael is known for being highly energetic and a bit problematic, yet he is impossible not to love. While not the best known breed, Vizslas are known for being extremely playful and having a lot of energy. This can cause them to get into trouble at times, but they are some of the most lovable dogs you will ever meet. Obviously, it was meant to be.

2. Dwight Schrute: Border Collie

Dwight Schrute is the hardest worker in the office and cares a lot about his work. Even when he isn't at work, he is volunteering as a Lackawanna county volunteer sheriff's deputy and running his 40-acre beet farm with his cousin, Mos. He also loves to be in charge and to have power over others. So it comes as no surprise that Dwight would be a Border Collie, one of the hardest working dogs. They are one of the most intelligent breeds, and like the work they do. Border Collies are especially keen on herding sheep and other similar animals, making them a breed that likes to take charge and hold responsibility.

3. Jim Halpert: Labrador Retriever

Jim is a prankster, family man, hopeless romantic, and possibly one of the most charming, lovable characters in the whole show. It is impossible not to love Jim Halpert, just like it is impossible not to love a Labrador Retriever. They are the most popular dog breed in America, and are the quintessential "family dog". They are some of the most loyal dogs you will ever meet, and they are guaranteed to make you smile. Labs are companions for life and will love you no matter what... sound familiar?

4. Pam (Beesly) Halpert: Italian Greyhound

Pam Beesly is such an important character. She is an ambitious, bad-ass lady who shoots for the stars and gets what she wants. She also taught the world that it's okay to fail, and sometimes love really is all that you need. Pam is a diligent, patient worker, and a strong, loving person. Italian Greyhounds are known for being one of the most affectionate, beautiful, and athletic dog breeds. They love the people that care for them so deeply, but they aren't afraid to be difficult at times in order to get what they want. Sounds like Pam to me!

5. Andy Bernard: Jack Russell Terrier

Andy Bernard is known for his excitability, dramatic shifts in mood, and quirky personality. But you can't help but love him for the big weirdo that he is. Jack Russells are similar to Andy in this way. They are notorious for being one of the most energetic dog breeds out there, and they can definitely be a little mischievous at times. They are known to be quite stubborn as well, just like Andy, but at the end of the day, you love them no matter what.

6. Kevin Malone: Mastiff

Kevin is everyone's favorite accountant. There is something so lovable about Kevin's cluelessness and passion for food. Mastiffs are known for being rather lazy and, no offense to Kevin... they aren't the smartest dog breed around. They are extremely affectionate to their owners and are always down for a good cuddle session... as long as there isn't much physical activity involved. ;)

7. Angela Martin: Cat

I mean this is self-explanatory. No, this is not a dog, but Angela can't be anything other than a cat, she loves them too much. I mean, can you imagine Angela as a dog? She would hate everything. I felt like I wouldn't be holding true to Angela's character if I assigned her to a dog breed.... because obviously this is a really serious article and is extremely important and informative.

8. Ryan Howard: Weimaraner

Ryan probably had the most interesting character development out of any of the other characters on the show. At first, we all thought he was an innocent, normal member of the office, who just needed a job to earn money. But over the course of the series, we learned that he was a lot weirder than we had thought. He is certainly a very mysterious dude, but he is also one of the most intelligent workers at Dunder Mifflin: Scranton. Weimaraners are a very unique breed, just like Ryan is a very unique human being. They are extremely intelligent and stubborn, and can often be described as "aloof" and "powerful".

9. Stanley Hudson: Bulldog

This one shouldn't even have to be explained. Stanley is grumpy and lazy, Bulldogs are grumpy and lazy. It's a perfect match!

10. Phyllis Lapin-Vance: Lhasa Apso

Phyllis is a sassy, bad-ass woman who will never dare back down from a challenge. She is also a very spirited, assertive, and playful. Which all happen to be traits that are commonly used to describe Lhasa Apsos.

11. Oscar Martinez: Poodle

It's not at ALL because he is gay, alright people. Oscar is actually insanely similar to poodles. He is easily the smartest person in the office, and Poodles are the most intelligent dog breed. Additionally, poodles are quite stubborn, instinctual, and alert. These are all key traits of Oscar's personality. I honestly couldn't see any other breed that is worthy enough for him.

12. Darryl Philbin: German Shepherd

This is another pretty obvious one. Darryl is a tough, strong, assertive guy who has a sensitive, loving side to him as well. German Shepherds are known for being tough, but they love the people who love them so strongly. It may take a while for a German Shepherd to trust you, but once they do, they care a lot for you. Darryl has this "tough guy" exterior, but on the inside, he's really just a giant teddy bear (we see this with Val, his daughter, Jim, Pam, and his last episode at Dunder Mifflin).

13. Kelly Kapoor: Pug

Pugs are massive attention whores, just like Kelly. They are also stubborn, dramatic, and attentive. They are literally Kelly Kapoor... except they're more tolerable to be around.

14. Toby Flenderson: Basset Hound

Toby is a sad man. Basset Hounds are the saddest looking dogs. They are also similar because they are both gentle, calm, and sweet-tempered.

15. Erin Hannon: Dachshund

Erin is the lovely, energetic, not-so-smart receptionist who is the queen of office romances. The dachshund is the perfect match for her because they are kind, playful, lively, and oh-so adorable.

16. Meredith Palmer: Puli

I found Meredith the most difficult to match with a breed just because she is such a wild character. But luckily after a long time of google searching, I knew I had found the perfect match for her. Meredith is so careless, unpredictable, and just plain bizarre that it felt right that she would be a Puli. Pulis are one of the strangest looking breeds due to their dread-like fur, and ability to look like a mop. I felt like that had Meredith written all over it.

17. Creed Bratton: Mutt

We know nothing about Creed, just like we don't know anything about Mutts! They're mysterious, but we still love them.