If Roy Moore Gets Elected, There Is Officially No Hope For A Greater America

Who knew that in 2017, I would still have to remind people that child molesters are garbage human beings?
53

The Atlanta senate race is fast approaching and it will be one of the most important elections since the 2016 presidential election. It should’ve been just a typical senate run that really had no major repercussions, however, America can never just have nice things.

Recently, up to five women have come forward in accusing GOP candidate, Roy Moore, of sexually assaulting them when they were teenagers. Yet, Moore is projected to win because our country has learned nothing from last November. Trump, himself, has been endlessly accused of sexual harassment, only for the White House to shrug off every single woman’s claim as “lying.”

It truly is unbelievable how desperately people cling to political candidates, even when there is actual proof that they’re awful, awful people. At this very moment, the GOP is still pouring money into Moore’s campaign. Conservative news correspondents continue to defend Moore. And there will still be Alabamians who walk into their polling place and select a child abuser to represent their state.

Roy Moore has been banned from a mall because he spent so much time soliciting minors. I can’t imagine any parent who would want their child to experience what Moore’s victims did, so why does he still have so many supporters? Is this really what Trump meant by MAGA? Does making America a better country equate to enlisting only the most sickening, disgusting white men to control us?

All the time, parents warn their children about the risks of “stranger danger” and to not accept a ride from a sketchy van. But how are those same parents able look their children in the eyes and tell them a child molester was voted into office by their neighbors, their peers, their babysitters? It doesn’t make sense, just like the rest of 2017, and I’m getting really tired of it.