If I Had A Book Club

If I Had A Book Club

We'd read all the books.

28
If I Had A Book Club
Cass County Public Library

I've never been part of a book club, but I've always kind of thought it would be fun. The problem is, I don't think I know enough people in real life who would want to be a part of it, nor would they want to read the books I thought we should read. (Also, I read too much on my own to have the patience to save a book for a club.) But if I had/lead a book club, these are the types of things we'd read.

We'd read historical fiction with strong female protagonists. This would include the Scarlet trilogy, Wolf by Wolf, and The Girl from Everywhere.

We'd read YA romances with both fluff and serious moments: To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogy, The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You, The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love, and P.S. I Like You.

I'd suggest we spend a few months specifically reading diverse YA fiction, featuring titles like Piecing Me Together, This Side of Home, Written in the Stars, Under a Painted Sky, Starfish, and Saints and Misfits.

After that, we'd read fantasy with sweeping world-building: Leigh Bardugo's Grisha-verse books (the Shadow and Bone trilogy, the Six of Crows duology, and The Language of Thorns), Rae Carson's Fire and Thorns trilogy, and Roshani Chokshi's The Star-Touched Queen and A Crown of Wishes.

We'd also have to read some twisty mysteries, like The Naturals series and The Archived duology.

What would your book club be like, if it could be any way you wanted?