If "Gilmore Girls" Were 8 Typical College Students

Dean has a longtime girlfriend from home, even though you secretly wish he didn’t.

68
ET Online

Have you ever wanted to meet the characters of "Gilmore Girls" in real life? I know I have! The witty, fast-paced banter of the Gilmores would make our lives so much better. This is what I imagine the characters would be like at my college, Stony Brook University.

1. Lorelai Gilmore: Starbucks Fanatic

Lorelai, of course, would be in the Starbucks in the Melville Library 24/7 ordering coffee after coffee, striking up conversations with other students. These students would be trying to do their homework, but Lorelai would distract them with her quick-witted sarcasm and knowledge on obscure films and historical references.

2. Rory Gilmore: The Central Reading Writer

Rory would be the editor in chief of The Statesman, while also writing opinion pieces for The Odyssey. You are sure to find Rory in the library, reading and studying all day long with all of her fellow Stony Brook students. She would try to sneak her coffee in Central Reading Room because it is impossible to do hours of homework without caffeine.

3. Lane Kim: The Staller Steps Musician

Lane is the typical music kid who wears band tee-shirts and walks around singing songs. You would always see Lane on the Staller Steps with drumsticks practicing on her makeshift drums. She would be in all music classes and basically live in the Staller Center.

4. Logan Huntzberger: The Bench Boy

Logan is the typical frat boy who majors in business and spends all of his time with his frat brothers (and sorority girls, of course). Logan would drag Rory to The Bench and to frat parties, even though they aren’t her scene. Even though Logan’s family donates big money to Stony Brook and his whole family went there, he couldn't care less. Logan is a basic bad boy.

5. Paris Geller: The Stony Brook Star

Paris is your super smart annoying friend who is involved in everything. She’s pre-med, pre-law, and double majors in Biology and Political Science. She fits in well at Stony Brook because almost every student is an overachiever. This annoys Paris because the competition is fierce.

6. Luke Danes: The Foodie

Luke is your chill friend who hates the food plan and makes his own meals in Gershwin College in Roth, since it’s a cooking building. You go there at least once a week when you get sick of Roth’s greasy food. He always makes you coffee and feeds you. He’s also a handyman and fixes the chair that you accidentally broke so you don’t get charged at the end of the semester. He’s your best guy friend and is always there for you.

7. Dean Forester: Your Leather Jacket Love

Dean has a longtime girlfriend from home, even though you secretly wish he didn’t. Dean is always working in the campus bookstore in the SAC, so you always go there to grab a coffee, and of course, start up a conversation with him. Dean has no clue what major fits him, so he’s trying out something new every semester. Eventually, he finds that he wants to be a mechanical engineer, but it took him about five majors before that to get him there.

8. Jess Mariano: The Roth Reader

Jess is the quiet, mischievous guy that is so appealing, but you don’t know why. He is always reading books — the classics, of course. He never studies and would rather read instead. He’s intellectually brilliant, even if he doesn’t try hard at school. You always see him reading a novel on a bench in front of Roth Pond.