Summer Related Things To Do When You’re Bored

7 Things To Do This Summer When You Get Bored

Bored? I got you covered.

27
Amya Mitchell

We've been wishing and praying for school to be over, but now that summer is here, long days alone can become boring. Here's a list of summer related things you can do alone as well as with your friends!

1. Go to the park!

Try going to your local park! If you have an animal, bring them as well, or you can create a small picnic for yourself and bring a blanket. Time by yourself is important, and the park is a great way to relax while also enjoying a change of scenery.

2. Work out!

Working out releases endorphins, and endorphins make you happy! I honestly don't think that's true during the workout, but afterwards, you always feel great! Working out releases tensions in your muscles and (obviously) keeps you healthy and in shape. If you don't have gym equipment at home or a gym membership, go for a run around your neighborhood and utilize different objects to create different workouts for yourself. For example, a bench can become a post for jump squats!

3. Learn something new!

Buy a guitar or borrow a friend's! Learn a new sport or look up a dance tutorial on YouTube! You can even try learning a new language! Not only does learning something new keep you busy and engaged, but it also exercises your mind and helps prepare for when school comes back around.

4. Have a jam session!

Turn the music all the way up, whether it’s with your friends or you’re dancing alone! Jam sessions can be a form of exercise, but you won’t even realize it because you’re having so much fun. Look at it as an opportunity to learn all of the new songs that are coming out, or learn a few songs that your friends always play but you don’t know.

5. Make bracelets!

Walmart has super cool and cheap kits to make your own DIY bracelets. I’ve even done this myself a few times! You can make friendship bracelets with your friends, or even simple bracelets for yourself. You can even stop by Hobby Lobby and pick up a few shells to create your own shell bracelets and necklaces!

6. Have a spa day!

A spa day is the perfect opportunity to relax and unwind after a tough 9 months of schooling. Make a warm bath, paint your nails, deep condition your hair, exfoliate, the list goes on! There are so many ways to take care of yourself, and a spa day is an incredible way to make sure you’re doing everything you need to do for your skin, hair, and the rest of your body!

7. Photo shoots!

Create your own mini photo shoot! It's super easy to get dressed and go outside to place your phone camera anywhere whether it's in nature, at a store, or even in your bedroom! DIY photo shoots can be super fun practicing different poses while blasting music in your room, and you even get cute Instagram pictures out of it!

Summer is supposed to be a time for fun, so make sure you're doing things for yourself whether you're with your friends or not! There's nothing wrong with taking some alone time, but that doesn't mean alone time has to be boring and uneventful.