My Ideal Holiday Break Is Productive And Relaxings

The most festive time of the year means a break from school and reality.

72
Patrick Olde Loohuis

To all Washington State University students — now that Christmas break is upon us, it is time to celebrate! We get three weeks off for the end of the semester, and now we are at the halfway point of the school year. Be sure to enjoy every break to its fullest because we rarely get time to unwind these days.

Times like these are also great opportunities to spend time with family and friends and have fun with them. With that said, I would like to tell you how I regularly enjoy large breaks like these.

I usually spend my time relaxing, unwinding and participating in activities such as chatting with my friends, playing video games, watching television, writing (for Odyssey, too!), and over this particular break, watching Christmas movies. Of course, I always display my Christmas spirit over the holidays and treat everyone with kindness. I definitely find it important to spend time with family and friends over Christmastime because it is a significant part of what the holidays are all about.

I also make sure that I have some time to myself to enjoy some interactive entertainment and media. I find this to be an effective way to forget about the real world and shut everything else out.

Of course, I love writing, which is why I joined Odyssey in the first place. I also occupy myself with writing articles as well as reading articles in newspapers and on the Internet. You can probably tell that my holiday vacation is certainly productive, and I find it to be the ideal way to spend my three weeks off.

Because the holiday break for WSU students is three weeks long, there is plenty of time to do whatever they please. And I believe they should because like all school breaks, the holiday vacation goes by faster than one expects.

The familiar phrase, “Time flies by when you’re having fun” may come to mind, but I still think that people should make their best effort to enjoy themselves and make others happy. I do not believe that it is ideal for people to spend their holiday season lounging around by themselves, not being socially interactive.

Of course, people may choose to do this. How they spend their holiday break is up to them, and I cannot be a dictator. But I think that they should make the most of the festive holiday season because so many people congregate for huge events that everyone can enjoy.

I find a holiday break full of interaction with family and friends, personal time, and a festive holiday spirit is ideal for me. This is exactly the kind of thing everyone needs once in a while, and I make sure that I have this kind of time over the three-week holiday break.

However, do not let this article influence you; you should spend your Christmas vacation however you like and do not let anyone tell you otherwise. I hope that every WSU student reading this has a wonderful holiday break and a very Merry Christmas!