7 Classic 90s And 2000s Movies You Should Watch

A list of some super iconic movies everyone should watch at least once in their life.

33

I love a good movie, and I'm sure you do, too. So to make sure that you're getting the best out of your time in front of the television, here's a list of some classic movies from the late 90s and early 2000s that are must-sees, no matter the situation.

1. Mean Girls

This movie isn't your average teen movie. Lindsey Lohan stars as Cady Heron, a former homeschooled teenager who lived in Africa now struggles to associate herself with different cliques in her new all-American high school. The plot has proven to be both insanely funny and catchy, and it's a cult classic that anyone will recognize.

2. The Matrix

A film definitely ahead of its time. It's a staple for a simple "bad guy vs. good guy" movie with a technological and futuristic twist, and it's been a brain twister since the moment it first came out.

3. Forrest Gump

A movie seriously like no other. It's difficult to even explain the genre, but the story revolves around a man named Gump who journeys his life while remaining an honest and down-to-earth man. You'll find yourself laughing hysterically and crying nonstop within a short timespan.

4. 13 Going On 30

I know what you're thinking: another one of those stupid body-switch movies? Yes and no, but if I were to ask you to only watch one of those movies for the rest of your life, it would be this one. Seriously, it's funny, a little cheesy, and entertaining.

5. A Cinderella Story

I have no guilt including this movie. Yes, it's a standard high school romance. Do I still enjoy it? Maybe. Honestly it's a classic. So you need to at least watch it once to get it over with. Trust me; you'll be coming back again and again.

6. Clueless

This movie is a walking music video, but you know what? It works. It's clever while still remaining true to its teen movie tendencies as we see shallow, smart, social Cher wreck her high school into pieces. Plus, she finds herself caught up in a love triangle spiraling out of control.

7. Home Alone

This is probably my favorite movie in this list. It keeps you on the edge since it's somewhat realistic and not at the same time. The story revolves around an 8-year-old named Kevin who is left alone while his family is out for vacation, and you get to see how he turns his house into a war zone as two robbers attempt to break in.