Why Froyo Can Never Hope to Compete with Ice Cream

Some say you can't buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream, and that's definitely the same thing

14
Sullivan Farms

There are few things in life that I am certain of. The sky is blue, the grass is green, dogs are (wo)man's best friend, and ice cream is inarguably superior to froyo.

While I am certainly guilty of indulging in the occasional froyo with friends, those who assert that they would rather have froyo than ICE CREAM are seriously misguided in life. Frozen Yogurt is a wanna be-- it is a fad that will pass like last year's shoes.

Going to get froyo with pals can be fun, but lets be honest, its really just an excuse to get all the toppings. If the toppings are what you are after, go to a candy store. What sick person ever thought, "let me just freeze some yogurt and pretend its ice cream." Probably someone that was trying to diet, but nowadays, froyo and ice cream are equally unhealthy. The difference however, is that unlike froyo, ice cream has the unique ability of healing the soul. It also tasted like creamy heaven while froyo tastes like a bitter version of flavored watered down ice cream made without all the love that ice cream is clearly made with.

The best time of the year is by far the day that your favorite ice cream stand opens. When I was little, it meant ice cream dripping down my hand on a hot day as I tried my best to lick it up fast enough. It meant that glorious moment when Dad said "leave the supper dishes for later, lets go get ice cream." When I was a little older, it meant my sisters and I biking to the nearest ice cream stand in the summer with a few bucks and a dream in our pockets. Nowadays, its grabbing my friends at any hour the ice cream stand is open, and indulging in the same heavenly cold treat.

Some of the best memories I have in life are centered around ice cream. Getting ice cream with my grandfather on a hot day and listening to him sing his favorite song to us; Mom saying after a day at school in June "want some ice cream?" The excitement you feel from the bottom of your chest when you hear the ice cream truck on your street (FYI, I am 20 years old and that sound never fails to have me literally jumping up and down). There is absolutely no better feeling then the first taste of a delightful black raspberry ice cream cone with chocolate jimmies (don't even get me started on how they are absolutely not called "sprinkles").

Ice cream is my happy place. When I'm sad, I stop for some ice cream. When I'm happy, I stop for some ice cream. Sometimes that means I visit the ice cream stand alone, and do I care? Nope. I proudly eat my ice cream whenever I want and I encourage others to do the same.

No one has special memories about a froyo stand!! Those memories are reserved for ice cream. No one is sad and says "I'm gonna go get a pint of yogurt." That is reserved for ice cream. That feeling you get when you pull up to the ice cream stand and you feel like a kid again, is reserved for ice cream. And without a doubt, no one has ever, in the history of earth, truly believed that froyo tasted better. That LEVEL deliciousness is unequivocally reserved ice cream.

Some say you can't buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream, and that's definitely the same thing.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F06%2F10%2F6360112193699223201622979813_200.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=87&h=73cf692911b6400c6eba6f19b3ccc67ddc7fccb2d0b0de82706bad720e92292b&size=980x&c=3070562827 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F06%252F10%252F6360112193699223201622979813_200.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D87%26h%3D73cf692911b6400c6eba6f19b3ccc67ddc7fccb2d0b0de82706bad720e92292b%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3070562827%22%7D" expand=1]