I Tried 7 Glossier Products And You Should Too
Beauty Fashion

I Tried 7 Glossier Products That Ramped Up The Aesthetic To A 100

A comprehensive review of 7 products from Glossier's makeup line.

1048
scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

Up until recently, I had been pining after Glossier products for nearly 2 years. I've been experimenting more with makeup (except now I have a stye. Make sure to wash your face properly!) and Glossier's entire brand aesthetic really appealed to me. I finally bit the bullet a few weeks ago and purchased over $100 worth of their makeup. Here are my honest thoughts. (Some of the colors in the pictures may be distorted).

1. Boy Brow - $16 - Brown

Not to brag, but I have nice brows. They're naturally dark and full, so I thought I didn't need to buy a brow product. I changed my mind after watching a few reviews, and I'm so glad I did. This is officially my favorite brow product, although I have to be honest I haven't tried many. I was using clear mascara to hold my brows in place, so this is a major step up. I highly recommend it for everyone, even people who have "decent" brows. The extra pigment makes them pop in a way that looks natural and slightly untamed (which I think is the look a lot of people are going for). If you're really adamant about not wanting pigment, then consider the clear version, but a clear mascara is cheaper and will probably do the trick.

2. Stretch Concealer - $18 - G9

I've been on the hunt for the perfect concealer, and I think this is as close as I'm going to get. It's slightly sheer, so be warned. I have quite a bit of acne on my cheeks, so I have to put a few layers on before I get my desired effect, but even then you can still see a bit of the redness peaking through. If you're oily skinned, be prepared to set it with powder, as it does have the tendency to look/feel greasy and slide around. However, it looks absolutely gorgeous once you've gotten your desired coverage and set it. It really feels like you don't have anything on, so if you're looking for a light to medium coverage concealer that'll enhance your dewiness and look natural, consider this one.

3. Lash Slick - $16

I have to say it: this mascara is WAY better than the Too Face Better Than Sex that everyone raves about. I have stick-straight lashes that hate holding a curl, but Lash Slick keeps my lashes curly for the entire day. There's no "shedding", so none of the little mascara bits will smudge or fall onto your under-eye area. It provides more length than volume, so if you're looking for a "false lash" look, this is not the mascara for you. However, if you're a beginner to the makeup game and you like natural looking lashes, I say go for it.

4. Lid Star - $18 - Cub and Moon

Out of all of the products, these were my least favorite. That's not to say I don't like them, I just think they could have easily performed better if perhaps they had a different formulation. I got the shades "moon" and "cub". Moon is a really sheer, glittery off-white color and Cub is a rose-gold that sheers out quickly if you blend it. My complaint is that these two products, Moon especially, are really patchy and hard to control. I originally tried to use the doe-foot wand to blend, but that smudged it and rubbed product everywhere. My current technique is to use the wand for the initial application, and then to use my finger to blend. This obviously isn't ideal, but I love the colors so much that I have to accommodate for the formula.

5. Generation G - $18 - Like

This is my dream lipstick. It's not drying but not too "wet feeling" either, it has a nice wash of pigment, and it's light and buildable. It doesn't feel like you're wearing anything on your lips at all! It really looks like you just applied a lipstick and wiped it off; it gives you a kind of "blotted" effect. Since their new repackaging and reformulation, there's no danger of the bullet breaking or damaging the lipstick. I highly recommend this!

6. Wowder - $22 - G11-G12

I've never used a powder before this one, so I don't really have a standard for comparison. However I can speak to the fact that this powder sets the concealer really well. There's very little creasing and it prevents the Stretch concealer from settling into my fine lines, which has happened with other concealers in the past. Setting powder is essential if you want to wear Glossier makeup look, and this powder complements the Stretch concealer really well. I'd try out other, less pricy powders first, but I still really love this one.

7. Cloud Paint - $ - Puff

This is probably the hardest product to use. If you squeeze out too much, which is incredibly easy to do, you're going to end up looking like a tomato if you don't want to waste product. Most of the reviews I watched absolutely raved about the Cloud Paints. I mostly agree because this blush really does look really natural, but I can't get the hang of the tube it comes in. I'd love it if Glossier could find a way to make sure that too much product doesn't get accidentally squeezed out. Other than that, it's a beautiful blush.