I Finally Threw Away The Flowers

I Finally Threw Away The Flowers

Maybe this is good bye.

36
I Finally Threw Away The Flowers
Photo by Riz Mooney on Unsplash

First of all thank you for the flowers, they made my day but I finally had to throw them away because I needed to let go. If you would have asked me one month ago I would have told you whole heartedly that you were my person and that I couldn't picture life without you. Fast forward one month and here I am doing life without you again and that's okay. It's okay that people leave our lives, what's not okay it holding on.

Please don't hold on.

When someone tells you they don't want you in their future please don't hold on to them. Holding on to hope that they may come back to you is damaging. Please don't wait on that to happen and please don't hold on to hope that it will. Honestly 99% of the time they do come back after they realize what they want but you don't deserve to be a second option, you deserve to be first.

You don't deserve to be a second option.

Why would you want be the girl he comes back to after things don't work out with someone else or after he gets done living his wild lifestyle? Why would you want someone who doesn't want you? There are way too many people out there who will smile when they see your name pop up on their phone and they will drop everything to see you. Trust me when I tell you, you deserve to be fully loved.

Quit settling for being half loved.

Sis, why would you want someone who loves you half of the time? You deserve the "I'm stopping by to give you a hug" kinda love, the "call me on your way to class so I can hear your voice" kind of love, the "I miss you so I am going to prove it to you" kind of love. You deserve nothing less than good morning texts, car doors held open for you, text me when you make it home messages, random flowers, and all of the other nice "lovey dovey" things.

But most importantly you deserve someone who doesn't leave.

You deserve someone who stays when things get hard. You deserve someone who doesn't leave you because you got busy and could see them for a few days. You deserve someone who doesn't leave when they think they have found someone better (she's not better than you sis, we don't compare ourselves to other girls). You deserve someone who appreciates all the kindness and love that you give. You deserve someone who will fight to keep you in their life every day.

It's not easy to see now because maybe it's all still new and it still hurts but please don't ever let anyone make you question your worth. Please don't forget what you bring to the table.