I Spoke With A Healthcare Worker Who Got The Vaccine, And I'm Worried About Their Safety

A lot of people have gotten their first doses, but I've heard more about the cons than the pros.

9

Just a couple of weeks ago, we got our first vaccines shipped for COVID. On December 21, President-Elect Joe Biden received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine on live television. But, just because our president got the vaccine, that doesn't mean it's safe to do so.

I work in a clinic and one of our patients was telling us how she got the vaccine. She got it Friday morning, she explains how that same day in the afternoon she started feeling a bit weird. She started having a strong headache, body aches and throwing up. She mentioned how she woke up to work at 4 in the morning and stated, "I don't know how I got up from my bed, it was awful." A week later, when she came in to get checked up, she explained how her symptoms lasted for about 5 days.

After having this conversation with the patient, it had me thinking about whether I want to get this vaccine or not.

Many say that we should all get these vaccines. It is to be said that these COVID-19 vaccines will not cause you to test positive on COVID-19 tests but is that really true? People who have gotten COVID may still benefit from getting vaccinated. It says "may," as in they are not too sure about this. If we all get vaccinated, that will prevent us from getting sick with COVID-19.

Experts believe that if we get the COVID-19 vaccine, it will help us from getting seriously ill even if we do get COVID. When they say they "believe," it doesn't sound so certain. Will it be safe for us to get his new vaccine?