I Really Am A Broke College Student, Now What?
Beauty Fashion

Yikes.

189

Being a broke college student has never been so real. Sometimes you spend a little too much a little too often, and then the next time you need something or have to go out... you're scrambling for money. There have been points in my life where I had "Quick ways to make money" in my search engine, and have considered the crazy suggestions like selling plasma, selling an egg, become a social media sponsor. YIKES. Here are a few reasonable ways that you can save money without having to turn to anything drastic.

Do Your Own Nails

Going to the nail salon, can run up a pretty hefty bill. Rather than paying upwards of $70 and $30 for fills every two weeks, go to Sally's or look on Amazon to get a nail kit for $7 dollars. Girl, you can get sets of easy to apply acrylics, use a little nail glue, and create any design for a fraction of salon costs. I have actually received more complements on nails I have done myself, than on nails that I get professionally done.

Check Old Accounts 

Typically, I forget about all of my accounts. It is really useful to go back and consider- do I use those services enough to get charged every month, or am I just giving away my money. For example, when I canceled my amazon prime membership, the customer service tech was like oh hey, I can refund you $75 since you haven't used the service in a few months. That was a lot of unexpected money and can be incredibly helpful to most people

Bargain Shop 

Black Friday, major sales, couponing.. the list is crazy. There are so many stores that offer you great deals, through apps or ads. Its so worth it to go a little out of your way to get an idem and pay 25% less than you would have regular priced.

Oh A Holiday... Ask for Giftcards

Giftcards are an amazing way to get what you want, without having to put a dent in your bank account. There are millions of brands- so they can help you out whether you need clothes, food, groceries, or gas. There are also websites that will let you exchange your gift cards for cash.

Create a Budget 

This takes a little bit of extra work but each month put a financial list together. When you do this, consider what you need to spend money on- rent, utilities, insurance, dues, food. Based off of that, you can gauge how much money you have or how much money you need to make more luxury purchases, such as clothes you want, the funds to go to a bar with your friends, or maybe go on a trip. This just helps you organize and prepare.

Keep The Change 

Every time you buy a coffee, you buy test material, or any time you use cash, you often get a handful of change that you throw in the bottom of your backpack or in some drawer. That change never gets used and is often forgotten about. Make a conscious effort to keep your change together. At the end of the month, go to Kroger or any location with a coin counter machine and exchange your spare change for cash. My boyfriend and I do this every month and sometimes walk away with $30 or $40 dollars. This is money that we could use to go on a date, buy groceries, use for gas. SAVE YOUR CHANGE!!!