I Peaked, But I am Not Mad About It

I Peaked, But I'm Not Mad About It

Recruitment is fun.

230
I Peaked, But I'm Not Mad About It
Ashleigh Daniel

On August 9, 2018, my job as Membership Director for the Alpha Kappa chapter of Phi Mu swung into full gear. My girls worked their butts off for DAYS preparing to welcome in the greatest new pledge class yet. Every ounce of their hard work paid off.

Before I can brag about the intelligent, radiant, and beautiful new pledge class, I have to say how proud I am of all of us.

Throughout recruitment, I learned the true leadership style I possess and how I communicate that to those around me. I had the time of my life working with these ladies one on one, in small groups, and as a whole chapter in order to show them just how much potential we hold and how much love we share for one another.

Running for my job as Membership Director was the best decision I have ever made.

My sisters worked together in a way I have never seen before. There was absolutely no negative energy surrounding the process or each other at any point throughout the two weeks we spent together. They were constantly lifting each other up and challenging each other to grow into their best selves. Their energy kept me going.

Having the opportunity to serve on the executive committee of my sorority not only brought me so much closer to my sisters, but it showed me there is no limit for anything I want to accomplish.

A couple of months ago, I never would have pictured all the minute details of the last two weeks coming together as beautifully as they did. I did not think I really had the qualities within me to pull everything together. But when it came time to step up and lead my girls into a successful recruitment, I showed up.

I was fully there. I never doubted my intentions because I knew I would do the best I could, but I wasn't sure what "my best" would really be.

I want to thank every single Alpha Kappa sister. Each and every lady came together to create the best experience for each other and the new pledge class. To PC '18, I cannot wait to see all the amazing things that come your way this semester, and all those to follow. Welcome home.