I Went From Hating Running To Running 3 Times A Week, And It's The Most Rewarding Thing I've Ever Done

Ever since I started this journey, I feel more energized, productive, and my stress has gone down immensely.

14

I recently started running three times a week.

Crazy right? I have never been a runner. I always preferred just about any other exercise to running. I don't like feeling as though my heart is going to burst out of my chest, nor to I like feeling like I can't breathe. I never thought I would enjoy running often but now that I've started, I don't think I can stop.

Of course, I'm sure you're wondering how someone who never liked running to begin with got into the routine of running consistently. Well for starters, I picked the days that I had time to wake up and go for a run. I kept those days in mind and every morning on those days, I would wake up, get dressed and go for a walk. Just getting into some sort of a routine and telling myself that on these days I'm going to exercise and keeping a consistent pattern is key.

Then I started running instead of walking.

Now on the days that I'm traveling or super sore, I still make sure to go for a long walk to keep to my routine of moving my body. The biggest tip I can give anyone though is do it at the time you feel most productive. For me, first thing in the morning is when I like to accomplish something. If I drag my feet in the morning, chances are my whole day will be spent in bed. I make sure to set out my workout clothes the night before and even have a reminder on my phone so I can't talk myself out of it. As soon as I've gotten myself to an awake state, I get my workout clothes on and go for a run. I can honestly say, it's the most rewarding thing I have ever done.

Not only that, but every morning I force myself out of bed, even if I feel tired and have no energy to run, I feel so rewarded once I get back and I've done it.

So I would encourage you to find something that gets your blood flowing and your body moving and do it a few times a week. Whether that be going to the gym, running, swimming laps, or even doing yoga, find something that you feel rewarded after completing and ease into making it a priority. Make sure to give yourself grace though! Routines take time and you need to listen to your body on the days you need rest. But if you can find a way to move your body a few times a week, I promise, you won't regret it either.