I Miss Living With My Best Friend

I Miss Living With My Best Friend

No offense to my family, I love living with y'all too. It's just different.

63
I Miss Living With My Best Friend
Josie Murray

This school year, I started living with my best friend in the whole world. We were also living with a couple of random roommates, and it was really fun getting to know them. But then COVID-19 came around and flipped all of us on our heads, and changed our lives as we knew them.

I didn't live with my best friend in the dorms, but we had been planning to live together in college since we both realized we wanted to attend the same university. This was something countless people told me to be careful of, and in all of their stories it only went one of two ways: the friendship grew stronger and they are still friends, or they were so toxic living together that they are no longer friends. But I had no doubts. I had spent weeks at a time staying with her and her family, and she would stay with mine, so we both knew each other's living style. And I freaking miss living with her.

There are so many things that are different living at home right now, aside from the obvious personal change. What I miss the most are the little things I didn't realize I would miss. I miss hearing her walk into the apartment knowing she's home for the night. I miss our short talks in the kitchen at one in the morning getting a snack before bed. I miss her coming into my room, saying something ridiculous, and walking away. I miss her getting bored and asking to do my makeup and take pictures together.

But mostly, I just miss having her presence around me. Knowing she's there any time that I may need her is so comforting. She knows me better than anyone, and I can tell her anything. And while I love my family and talking to them, it's a different dynamic. Being home is nice, and I get to spend some quality time with my human family and my fur babies.

As sad as I know it makes my mom, I honestly cannot wait to go back to everyday life alongside my best friend.