I'm The Girl That Hates Hallmark Christmas Movies And I'm Fine With Being Bitter About It

It's time to stop acting like we all love those cheesy, cliche films.

241
Hallmark Channel

I have never once sat through an entire Hallmark Christmas movie. Not once. I would rather watch 'The 700 Club' than watch anything about a Christmas miracle or a cheesy holiday rom-com.

There is not a single Hallmark film that I can say I've looked forward to watching.

But it isn't just Hallmark movies either. It's almost every Christmas movie, with the exception of some like "How The Grinch Stole Christmas," "A Christmas Story," and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" (Yes, I said it).

The newest holiday film that tanked, "Last Christmas," makes my stomach hurt. Just watching the trailers for the cheesiest and most cliche film possible is as frustrating to me as if I were to spill hot chocolate on my lap.

When was the last time there was an original, out-of-the-box idea for a Christmas film? 'Krampus,' the story of a weird scary Christmas demon that eats an entire family up? Or how about 'The Office Christmas Party,' which was actually pretty funny and didn't have some bullsh*t romance where the man moves back to his hometown to reunite with his high school sweetheart, and they spend their Christmas together and live happily ever after.

These Hallmark movies are literally the same movie with a different cast over and over again, and a "new holiday film" seems to come out every year, yet the plot is so damn predictable. It's just pathetic.

Very few Christmas movies are the exception of the typical holiday plot, like the "Home Alone" films, "Christmas with the Kranks," and other classics.

But so help me God if someone puts "A Miracle on 34th Street" on the TV. I'll lose my mind.

Am I anti-Christmas? No. Am I a hater? Maybe. Am I bothered by the constant, "Let's watch Hallmark movies and cuddle and drink hot chocolate" social media posts? Absolutely.

I just want people to see that these movies are lame and are not worth the hype. There are decent Christmas movies that have very different plots, but anything that's featured on the Hallmark channel is anything but original and well-thought-out.