I Had Covid-19 One Year Ago and I Am Still Having Side Effects​​

It's been 12 months like come on....

1568

Yes, you read that right. I had Covid-19 in September of 2020 and nothing has been the same since.

When I originally had Covid last year I did not get it that bad. I had more of a reaction to the vaccine than I did to the actual virus. When actually having Covid I had lost my smell and taste. These are the most common ones I feel like. I also had some headaches, but I kind of just lived with those. The biggest thing was my taste and smell. My mom and I tried to eat things like chocolate, or lemon juice, just things that we knew we would really be able to taste. When we couldn't really tell that is when we decided to get tested. At this point, neither one of us felt that bad at all which kind of surprised me. I probably got my taste all the way back about a week after having the virus. This is pretty much the same with my mom if I remember correctly.

When it comes to smell this is the big one for me. My mom got her smell fully back and so did her boyfriend. All he said was that things smelt kind of funky at first, but it eventually went back to normal. For me, it's been a year and I still can't smell! That's right. I can not believe that it has officially been a year and I can't smell. Probably at the beginning of the summer, I thought my smell was getting better, but I do not feel that way anymore. If anything whatever got better is gone now. Most things might have a tiny scent if anything and thing all smell the same. A couple of weeks ago it was my birthday and I got some soap. There were three different scents and two of them smelled the same to me. The third was a little different, but I still couldn't totally smell it. If I can smell just a little bit of something it doesn't smell very good to me even though I know it doesn't really smell bad. This has happened to me with perfumes and lotions. This is very annoying in my opinion.

At this point, I have got used to the fact of not being able to smell. People ask me to smell things sometimes or something along those lines and I just have to say yeah I can't smell that. Most people that do that already know my situation and they are always like oh yeah I forgot. But with new people, I have to explain why because they are confused and that can get annoying.

To this day we still have no idea how we contracted the virus. I don't know about you, but I want this thing to be over.