I Gave Up College For A Boy, Don't Be Stupid Like I Was

No one on this earth can convince me their first love will last.

91

Just like many of you, I had my first love. Excuse me while I try not to vomit. I understand you do stupid things when you're in love, but Jesus Christ I never thought I would be as stupid as to give up college.

I didn't meet this one till I was a senior in high school. I remember thinking it's finally happening I met the guy. Little did I know this "one" was going to fuck up my life for sure. He was one of the more popular guys in school, god knows why, and I was the, of course, quiet one no one talked to. He was one of the more attractive guys in school, and I look back now thinking, wow he's ugly. I went to a school of ugos, including me. So maybe he just happened to step into the right lighting or something I don't know. Anyways, it was perfect, mom liked him, at first. This was before she actually met him and realized oh he's a fuckboy, this will be interesting. He was the kind of guy that was good with his eyes. Ladies, these are the fuckboys you have to watch out for. They're very dangerous and they'll persuade you to do anything, like dating them or let alone sleep with them.

After we started dating, my entire senior year, I was fighting with my mom. I was so stupid I let a boy come between my mom and I. Again, ladies, don't be fucking stupid, he ain't shit. This boy, with his persuasive little eyes and big ass eyebrows, convinced me to move out of state with him after graduation and give up college. No, I'm not joking, and plus, it gets worse. This boy, was joining the military. Ladies, I know damn well you know red flags are showing up and the alarms are sounding. Sadly, my sheltered ass self didn't see these warning signs. The damn boy convinced me I HAD to marry him. I didn't have a choice. It was either marriage or we weren't going to last. We married on our one year anniversary. Yes, I know I was stupid, but there's a point to this. With us moving out of state, my mom didn't talk to me for months. I lost that valuable time with her for some boy I barely knew, but you know I was 18, so I knew everything.

This is the boy who said I wasn't smart enough to vote, I couldn't be independent, I wasn't book smart, I couldn't go to college. Ladies, if a man ever, excuse me, *BOY*, tells you you can't do something just don't talk to him. I don't care how long you've been together or how you've talked marriage and babies, no. Dump him. Leave. GET OUT. If anyone on this earth tells you you can't do something, you walk away and you prove their pathetic ass wrong.

If there's anyone out there in a relationship and you're mad as hell with me right now. Just listen, please. No first love, no boy, no man child will ever be worth you giving up your education. It is 2018, and you as a woman are more than worthy of your education coming first. Your career comes first. No man is worth putting aside your needs and necessities to be independent for yourself in this life. No man will ever be worth it. Your man or partner should encourage you to go to school, go get your education and do something. No partner will want you to be solely dependent on them. Your relationship is not guaranteed. Your degree? That is if you work hard for it and don't let anyone get in the way of pursuing your dreams. I don't care how important they are, no one person is worth it.