I Chose To Follow Every Pathway To Happiness, And I Ended Up Exactly Where I Needed To Be

"Without rain, nothing grows. So learn to embrace the storms of your life."

47518

"Sometimes the mountain you have been climbing was just a grain of sand"

I spent majority of last year disrupting my routine of things to constantly chase "the next best thing", last year I lived in more cities than I can count on one hand, had more jobs then my whole life of having a career, threw away an immense amount of money to support constantly moving, and became so immensely unsatisfied with every change within two weeks of making a change.

One of the things I learned while "chasing the next best thing", is that it's non-existent. You can't chase the greater things in life, because realistically you have to be the one constant in your life to make the things you think are greater, greater.

Now don't get me wrong, I will forever be the girl who likes to spice up things, adapt and embrace the changes that I endure along my pathway. But, I ended up chasing everything, except my happiness.

The most crucial mindsets I have is that happiness if only going to come from within. I came along a quote that really placed perspective on my situation. "Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn, or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every moment with grace, gratitude and love".

I spent a lot of my time making "post perfect paragraphs" on Facebook, to share every single new experience, new cities, new jobs, new relationships, and what my "next best thing was". Along the way, there was an immense amount of support and love, until one decision I made baffled everyone, and became a toxic situation.

While I learned happiness comes from within, I also learned happiness doesn't come from sharing everything with everybody. While I'm positive there will be times where I share some things, but at this moment nobody needs to know, where I'm presently living, my college status, where I am working, my relationship status, and or my next chapter.

I'm just simply happy, I'm paving my own roads to success, making decisions on my own terms, believing in what I'm praying for, and trusting the process that everything will happen when it happens.

I'm nowhere where near achieving every goal, dream and aspiration I want, but more than satisfied with what I have, and where I'm heading and that's all that matters presently. I'm right where I need to be.

When I look back on the bumpy roads, and unsettling situations I put myself into last year, I realized how I needed to experience all of it, to really cherish now, put in place my goals, know what I really want, where I really want to live, and what I want to do. Those 17 hour road trips back and forth to new cities really placed perspective on it all.

It not always about seeing the scenery from the top of the mountains, sometimes it's about seeing the scenery from each step you take prior to reaching the top.

I am truly blessed beyond measure, grateful for current opportunities, at peace with my life, forever humble for being to experience the ups and downs, and in simpler terms, immensely happier than ever.

At the end of the day, the mountain I was climbing was really just a grain of sand.