I am proud of myself

I'm Proud Of Myself For Making Silly Mistakes To Encourage Myself To Work Twice As Hard Than Before

I have learned to understand myself by loving myself!

128

After these new year's resolutions, I genuinely feel proud of myself. Usually we question ourselves about the decisions we have made throughout the day and wonder if things would turn differently if we hadn't made this choice. What if I didn't have these caring friends? What if I didn't move to Forsyth County? What if I stayed in New York? We battle these inner thoughts constantly wondering how our lives could have changed, but instead, we should be proud of ourselves and what have accomplished in order to get us where we are here today!

I am proud of choosing such amazing friends to surround myself with.

These friends aren't fake. When I'm around them, I can act normal, and they love me just the way I am. These friends know my ups and downs and are always prepared to help me whenever I need it.

SEE ALSO: 25 Reasons Why My Friends Are The Icing To My Cupcake

I am proud of making tough decisions and challenging myself this year.

Stepping out of your comfort zone and be fearless. You must not take the easy path and only make simple decisions in your life. Instead challenge yourself. Maybe join a new club or take a class that is far out of your field. Who knows that could be the most best thing that ever happened to you!

I am proud of improving academically.

It is very easy to beat yourself up when you do not get the grades you hoped for. However when we achieve this success, we never celebrate the accomplishments. Sure, we tell our parents about the good grade, and they say they are proud of you, but we should love ourselves for how hard we work for that accomplishment. And after that, we should work even harder than before to get the grades we want. There's no one stopping us.

I am proud of myself for getting out of bed.

Sometimes, I just don't feel like getting out of bed because I know I have so much to do; I have to write two essays, study for four tests and I haven't started the 20-page study guide for AP biology. All I want to do on a Sunday is stay in bed and have my laptop near me so that I can watch Netflix for the whole day. However, I think you will feel so much better about yourself if you get up and accomplish everything you have on your to-do list that is full of things that you don't want to.

SEE ALSO: As An Experienced Junior Who Screwed Up Her High School Years, Here's How To Avoid Making The Same Mistakes

Lastly, I am proud of who I am today.

Be proud of the goals you have set for yourself because you have a lifetime ahead of you to complete everything on your bucket list that you wish to accomplish. Go out there, experience new things and be proud that you love fiercely. Be proud that you are living the life you desired for and for being who you are. Never change yourself for someone else no matter what!