Don't Miss HWS Chorale and Cantori's Spring Concert

You have three chances to catch this amazing show.

11
HWS Daily Update

Hobart and William Smith Colleges Chorale and Cantori will be performing this week and weekend, and it's going to be lit. The two groups, under the direction of the infamous Bob Cowles, have been working their butts off this semester, and it has undoubtably paid off. They recently returned from their tour in Philadelphia, which was highly praised by audiences which contained HWS Chorale alumni as well as the poet and composer of one of the pieces performed by the group. Rumor has it that this is one of the best groups of Chorale and Cantori singers that HWS has seen in years, so you do not want to miss this concert.

The groups will be performing their set from tour, and it is straight fire. Prepare to be blown away by the choirs' masterful performances of songs in an impressive number of languages, including (but not limited to) Latin, French, Finnish, and Estonian. There will also be several beautiful pieces in English, so don't worry about not being able to understand anything. Additionally, the program will have translations of every foreign language song, so you can keep up.

The set will include a little bit of everything, so all audiences will be pleased. For example, some pieces boast intense piano accompaniment, while others are completely acappella. Some are slow melodies that may make you shed a tear, and others will have you grinning from ear to ear (no rhyme intended). Cantori will also be performing a newly commissioned work by Giselle Wires that pays homage to our very own Seneca Lake. This is entertainment in its purest form, people.

Even if you are not sure that a choir concert is really your scene, you have a lot to gain from going. Listening to live singing is great for your mental health, as a stress-reliever and mood-booster. The concert will also give you a chance to see a performance in Froelich Hall in the brand new Gearan Center for the Performing Arts, if you haven't gotten the chance to yet. The acoustics are really top notch in there. If nothing else, just go to support your peers. They've worked hard, and they deserve your love and support.

There will be three concerts, so you have no excuse not to be able to make it. You could even go all three nights if you just can't get enough of those sick choir jams. Wednesday, April 20 at 8:00 pm is your first chance to catch the best show in town. Saturday, April 23 at 8:00 pm and Sunday, April 24 at 7:00 pm are your second and third opportunities. Oh, and did I mention that it's free? Be there or be square. You won't regret it.