To My Husband's Best Friend, Thank You For Everything
Dating

Things wouldn't be the same without your pain in the butt.

1417
Addie Eshelman Photography (Personal photo)

If I am being honest, I often wondered who would end up becoming my husband's life-long best friend. I knew the concept and meaning of friendship wasn't something he took lightly and I didn't know if another guy could realistically meet the same expectations of effort. We're loyal round here.

And then you showed up.

And although I was happy to see you fulfill that role for him, I was not expecting you to mean so much to me too. I never thought I could hang out alongside my man and his best friend and feel like the three amigos.

Admittedly, the first thing I thought jokingly when I saw how the friendship you two shared was, "These two are idiots".

My thoughts now in 2019? These two are idiots.

The difference though, is I've squeezed myself, (at respective times, of course), into the clan of beers, burps, farts, man jokes, and ultimately the highest honor of them all: GIRL TALK. Now nothing brings me more joy than the dumb conversations we can all have and knowing that there isn't ever any "third wheel" atmosphere. When a call comes to either my phone or his after 10:00 pm, we know it's you with your typical silly late-night chats. And if my husband walks just a little bit faster to his phone when getting a text, I know that it's because you're more than likely on the other end.

Knowing that the man I love has someone else that continues to have his back and support him the way I do makes me so happy.

I continue to be reassured that our families will always be intertwined as we grow older.

Thank you for friendship you've given him and me after all of these years. Even our one-on-one dates to Hookah Bars when he's too tired to join mean more than you know, and the Facetime check-ins about daily life while you're away (Oorah!) are always a breath of fresh air from the craziness.

So as much as you guys are a pain in the butt, I am so happy my husband has you in his life, and mine too.

I know between the two of us, we can manage him. ;-)