The Hummingbird's Light

The Hummingbird's Light

He was her light in the dark, He was the one star in the night sky But now her sky is dark

35
The Hummingbird's Light

He was her light in the dark,

He was the one star in the night sky

But now her sky is dark

He always said she was his little humming bird

Only humming birds are loner birds.

They maybe beautiful but will migrate alone

They will feed alone

They do most things alone

She was told that he would do anything to prove his love for her

But when she called him on his bluff he fell short

She was left to soar the skies alone once again

Her migration was hard and slow

She ended up in Brazil

He was in Minnesota

They still showed their love for one another as much as they could

But it was never the same

He started to become distant and complacent

This was when she knew things were coming to an end

He called her one night and said:

I love you more than words can describe, but not being able to see you and know who you are with, kills me inside. We tried our best, yet I don’t think we can continue on this current path we are on. You are starting your new life and I need to let you go. You will always be my little hummingbird, but I know that this will be the best thing for you..

She responded in a stutter:

Without you I will be left in the darkness of my own despair. I thought we were going to be forever and that you would do anything for me… so do this one thing and wait for me.

Promise me that even if it takes years for me to return you will wait. I love you. Always keep these words in you heart. I will be back to you one day and know I will always be true to you and never stray.

She never got an answer

She was left with silence and not knowing whether or not she still had his heart

They were the perfect duo

But she knew things would never be how it was

She knew that he would leave

Yet she didn’t want to admit it to herself

At least not just yet

A few days later she recived a package with a note that read:

Dear Humming Bird,

You are and always will be in my heart. But I know you can do this. You can be single and start this amazing journey you have strived towards for years. I will wait but if you find someone else I want you to know it is okay. I love you and only want you to be happy. I want to be able to know that you only have the best.

These words brought tears to her eyes

She than opened the package

He always knew what to say and what she needed most

So he sent her a hummingbird feeder that had the words “Your light in the dark is within” engraved on it

He was her light in the dark,
Until now there was only one star in her night sky

But now there are two stars

They are a little far apart right now but she knows that no matter where they are they light up the sky better than having a hundred stars