Humans Are Pretty Much Plants

We're All Pretty Much Plants, Take Care Of Yourself As You Would Your Favorite Succulent

Taking care for other things are a lot easier than taking care of yourself.

179
Plants

We're a lot similar to plants than we'd like to think. Just like plants, we can only exponentially grow if the environment we're living in is "ideal" and "personal" to us. Different types of plants require different environments to successfully grow. Cactuses need little to no water while orchids need constant water and tons of sunlight. Humans resemble plants because we emulate what our surroundings are whether it be people, living conditions, values, or issues.

However, unlike plants, we get to choose our own individual environments by picking friends and people we want to hang out with and choose the topics we want to be passionate about. We get to place ourselves in the environments we think are suitable for our personalities and, sometimes, at the sake of our careers. Although we are the choosers of our environments, we often don't pick the correct one resulting in us withering rather than growing.

Our environment shapes us to be the people we are today, which is why it's important to surround yourself with individuals that motivate you to keep going and reach for the "impossible." Individuals that ground you in the midst of the technology dictated society we live in and who encourage you to have intimate exchanges discussing the social and political issues we face today.

Individuals that inspire you to make a mark in your community or to learn something new due to curiosity. Individuals that constantly push you because they want you to be the version of yourself. These individuals are essential to our lives because they are food, water, and sunlight. The necessities we need in order to grow and reach our utmost potentials.

We must take care of ourselves as we would with any other living thing we were responsible for since if we don't become aware, who will be for our sakes? So, take care of yourself, nourish yourself, and indulge yourself in an environment where you can truly thrive because if you don't, it'll be too late.