Hulu Shows That Aren't On Netflix

13 TV Shows You Binge On Hulu When Netflix Isn't Treating You Right

Hulu > Netflix. Sorry, not sorry.

1370
ABC

As an avid consumer of as much mind-numbing media as possible, I'd like to consider myself an expert on both Netflix and Hulu. In my expert opinion, Netflix has been on a steady decline since May of 2017 (that's when they got rid of "Bob's Burgers").

Netflix used to be the industry leader when it came to streaming, but not anymore. Hulu has been coming in hot recently, and here are the shows that got them there.

1. "Broad City"

"Broad City" is easily on my list of all-time favorite shows. This show is based on a web series of the same name, produced by Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer. It's a show that centers around their real-life friendship and their attempts to thrive in New York City. Also, Amy Poehler is one of the executive producers on this show, so you know it must be good.

There are currently only four seasons on Hulu, but the show is still in production.

2. "Bob's Burgers"

Like I said earlier, Netflix got rid of "Bob's Burgers" in May of 2017. Such an atrocity drove me into the open and loving arms of Hulu. (But I digress.) Bob's Burgers is a cartoon, but hear me out. It's not one of those cartoons for adults that just tries really hard to be a cartoon for adults. Y'know what I mean? The show centers around the Belcher family as they navigate the ins and outs of balancing their burger restaurant with their family. And it's dope.

There are currently 8 seasons on Hulu. Lucky for us, it's still in production! More seasons are on the way.

3. "The Bachelorette"/"The Bachelor"/"Bachelor in Paradise"

If you love trash television, this is the show for you. "The Bachelorette" is a sort of "dating game show", even though it's not as stereotypically "game-show-y" as other similar shows. The series starts with a group of eligible bachelors (usually somewhere around 30 of them), and as the season goes on, the group slowly dwindles to only two final men for the Bachelorette to choose from. Each week, she goes on dates with the men and, if she doesn't want to continue dating them, sends them home. The goal of the entire show is to find a husband for the Bachelorette.

"The Bachelor" and "Bachelor in Paradise" are all made by the same parent company, so the rules and plot of each show are generally the same. But, really, anything can happen on reality TV.

Hulu only streams whichever season is currently airing on TV. In this case, they're streaming season 14 of "The Bachelorette". When "The Bachelor" and "Bachelor in Paradise" air on TV, they also are added to Hulu.

4. "Scream Queens"

If you like comedy and "American Horror Story", you're going to love "Scream Queens". It's literally produced by the same people. The first season follows a sorority as they try to solve the mystery of a serial killer at their university. The second season follows the same girls–only in a different place, dealing with a different serial killer.

The cast of this show is NUTS. Some notable stars are Emma Roberts (obviously), Lea Michele, Keke Palmer, Billie Lourd, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kirstie Alley, Taylor Lautner (season 2), and John Stamos (season 2). Some cameos worth mentioning are Nick Jonas, Ariana Grande, Chad Michael Murray, and Brooke Shields.

There are only two seasons of "Scream Queens"–both on Hulu and in general. It was canceled after the second season, to the dismay of viewers (mainly me).

5. "A.P. Bio"

I started watching this show when I heard rumors that Netflix was getting rid of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" (another atrocity). I needed my Glenn Howerton fix. This show was actually co-produced by Howerton himself, which makes it even more appealing. The show follows a former Harvard professor of philosophy who is forced to move into his late mother's home in Toledo, Ohio. While there, he takes a position as a high school teacher that teaches–yep, you guessed it–Advanced Placement Biology. Also, Patton Oswalt is in this, which is a huge bonus.

6. "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" was taken off of Netflix in December of 2017. Merry Christmas to us, right? Another of my all-time favorite shows, "Always Sunny" follows a group of very narcissistic friends as they run a bar in South Philadelphia. It's probably the most quotable show that I've ever seen. Ever. And everyone loves Danny DeVito.

Hulu has 12 seasons of the show, but it was renewed for a 13th and 14th season on FXX. So keep your eyes peeled.

7. "Rick and Morty"

This is another cartoon for adults, but again, hear me out. Sometimes, this one tries a little too hard to solidify the fact that it's ~for adults~, but it's still funny. The series follows a mad scientist/alcoholic and his naive grandson on their inter-galactic misadventures.

If you really want to, you can read a post on Reddit explaining why you "can only enjoy 'Rick and Morty' if you have a high IQ", but honestly, it's just TV. Do with this post what you will.

Hulu has three seasons of the show, but the fourth isn't expected to premiere until at least late 2019.

8. "Brooklyn Nine-Nine"

Here's a show that I haven't watched myself, but I'm planning on it. The series follows an NYPD detective (Andy Samberg) in Brooklyn's 99th Precinct. The show has received critical acclaim, and from what I've heard, that's for good reason. This show is INSANELY quotable and I'm very interested.

In May, there was a bit of controversy with the show. NBC canceled it but ended up picking it back up, after backlash from fans.

There are five seasons on Hulu. But like I said, NBC ended up renewing it for a sixth season.

9. "Drake & Josh"

If you never watched "Drake & Josh" when you were younger, you didn't have a childhood. But for those of you who didn't have childhoods, the show follows two opposite teenage boys that are brought together when their parents get married. It was such a high-quality show for a Nickelodeon sitcom airing in the early 2000s.

If you want to relive the nostalgia that is "Drake & Josh", you can find all four seasons streaming on Hulu.

10. "Workaholics"

The series follows three college dropouts as they try to cope with an office job (while still partying). Another very quotable show. I was thrilled when I finally found a way to stream this show and I would highly recommend that you do the same.

You can find all seven seasons of "Workaholics" on Hulu.

11. "Community"

This is another show that I haven't watched but definitely plan to. "Community" follows a study group turned friend group as they take classes together at a community college.

I won't lie to you–the main thing that got me interested in the series is the fact that Donald Glover is in it. (Only for five seasons, but... Still.)

You can stream five seasons of Donald Glover goodness and one other season of "Community" on Hulu.

"How I Met Your Mother"

This list should actually be called "Atrocities That Netflix Has Committed".

In the fall of 2017, Netflix dropped "How I Met Your Mother". Lucky for us, Hulu picked it up. "How I Met Your Mother" is one of those shows that you have to watch until the conclusion. The show follows a story told by the main character to his children. The story is–yep, you guessed it again–how he met their mother. The show has gained a cult-following–and for good reason. Watching the show from start to finish is a real commitment (there are nine seasons that take you on an emotional roller-coaster), but it's so worth it.

You can watch the whole thing whenever you want on Hulu.

13. "30 Rock"

"30 Rock" is a show created by Tina Fey. (Translation: "30 Rock is a really good show.") It's a satire about what goes on behind the scenes of a live sketch show.

This is another show with a dope cast. A few main characters are played by Tina Fey, Tracy Morgan, and Alec Baldwin. While this show doesn't have the quantity that "Scream Queens" does, it has quality on its side.

You can watch all seven seasons right now on Hulu.

Hulu should probably sponsor me. Or this post.