From Pennsylvanian to a Floridian
Lifestyles

From A Pennsylvanian To A Floridian

This is all about my experience while in West Palm Beach, Florida during my internships, and why I decided it would be my future home.

33
From A Pennsylvanian To A Floridian
Lyndsey Kujawa; City Place, West Palm Beach, Florida

This past Summer, I decided to get out of my comfort zone. I decided to to challenge myself, and move down to Florida. Why you ask? Well I decided for two reasons. First, I decided to take on two internships, one in Boca Raton, Florida and the other in West Palm Beach, Florida. My first Internship was a social media coordinator position for a podcast. There, I managed all primary social media platforms, created a social media campaign, interacted with the audience, and much more. While, my other internship, I had been a digital marketing Intern at a fantastic agency, Digital Resource where I did SEO based social media, blogging, and video projects. All the while, finding my new career interests, and meeting the most fascinating, and interesting people I have ever met.

But, why else did I want to go to Florida? I wanted to experience a new place, culture, and the people that lived within. What I learned from my time there was this. I will always love my Pennsylvania roots. I will miss the lush, green, farm land filled with never ending acres of land, tall corn mazes, the beautiful mountain landscapes that paint the light blue skies, and the four seasons. But, Florida also had it's own beauty. There, they had tall, swaying palm trees that lined the streets, warm-taupe sanded beaches that had rich golden sunsets. They had people for all different parts of the world, each having their own intriguing stories. But, most of all, Florida felt like home.

I have always said that in order for a person to grow, they need to get out of their comfort zone. So, whether it's trying something new, eating new foods, or in my case moving away from my hometown in Pennsylvania. All my life, I knew I was destined for something more. I always knew I wanted to move to another place, but I didn't know exactly where, but I knew I wanted to go South. So, when the chance of my internships came up, I took ahold of opportunity, and went down. Little did I know, that I would want to make this my home.

So, while I will always miss my hometown, I have come to realize that I loved Florida as well. So, after Graduation, I will be moving from Pennsylvania to Florida, and starting a new chapter in my life, with new a culture, new people, but most of all, an adventure of a lifetime that I am so blessed to get to experience. Needless to say, I will go from being a Pennsylvanian to a Floridian!