An Open Letter To The High School Senior Who Just Got Accepted Into Arizona State

Get ready for fun, friends, and sun year round!

38

Arizona State is one of the largest universities in the country, and it is definitely the best too.

1. Downtown Phoenix is the best campus.

Arizona State has 4 unique campuses. They are Tempe, Downtown Phoenix, West and Polytechnic. Downtown Phoenix is the best campus because of the community feel within the campus. It is the perfect size, not too big and not too small. Everyone seems to know everyone, which is awesome.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix is a very large city. It is hard to live Downtown as a freshman because you basically need a car to get anywhere. Once you get a car or find someone who has one, you're golden. Phoenix has some of the best Mexican food and hiking trails in the country. It is definitely perfect. It is hot though, so you need to make sure to always have water with you.

3. The best places to eat

Phoenix has some amazing restaurants. A few of my favorites include Gadzooks, the Vig and Blanco Taco. Phoenix has the best Mexican food I have ever had, and almost any local place is going to be good. There are a lot of chains, but if you can find a diamond in the rough, make sure to go.

4. The best places to go if you're 21.

So, no, I'm not 21, so I don't really know any good places to go. Tempe has some great bars on Mill Ave. so definitely check those out, if you're 21 of course.

5. Go to basketball games!

Basketball games are so much fun. You can actually see the court, the atmosphere is awesome, and you aren't out in the heat. Go to one or two football games, but be prepared to sweat. Those games are out in 100 degree heat and you're surrounded by hundreds of other people. You have to experience a game, but basketball games, in my opinion, are so much more fun.

6. Bring shorts and t-shirts.

Arizona has four seasons, Summer, almost Summer, winter for one week, and almost Summer again. Arizona is known for the heat. When you arrive in August temperatures are 100 or above. However, Spring is beautiful. It does get cold in the Winter, so pack maybe one jacket? But bring plenty of shorts.

7. ASU is a party school.

Are there lots of parties at ASU? Of course there are. It's a university. But if that's not your things, fine! There are so many other things to do on and off campus. So make sure to tell your parents that you're going to a school that's #1 in innovation, not in partying.

8. Good Luck!

You will do AMAZING these next four years. The opportunities at ASU are abundant and there will always a chance for you to grow and learn. Don't get too overwhelmed, and make sure to have fun!