15 Ways To See If Your Significant Other Is Your Soulmate

How to know if you've found your forever.

1544

Everyone loves love. Like they say, love is the greatest gift of all. But what really is love? People say they are in love all the time, but do they even truly know what love is? Love is constantly mistaken for romance, dates, gifts and flowers. And of course, that definitely is part of being in love, but that isn't all that love is about. Many people who have never been in love think of it as the way it is portrayed in movies. They think love is a happily ever after romance, but that is not always the case. Being in love comes with its ups and downs. When you are in love with someone, you are willing to take the bad with the good, and never give up on each other. It takes a great deal of time and commitment in one another to establish the type of love that lasts forever. So, how do you know if the person you love is really the one? Listed below are 15 ways to know if you've found your forever soulmate.

1. You never walk away or give up on each other despite your differences.

No relationship is without conflict, even if you are soulmates. There will always be obstacles in the way; that is life. But, a couple who is meant to be together will keep fighting for their relationship because they both want the relationship to survive more than they'll want to defend their own egos.

2. You always put them first because their happiness is your happiness, and you'd much rather see them happy than you happy.

You know that you are in love when your partner's happiness means more to you than your own. Seeing your significant other happy gives you way more satisfaction than doing something for yourself and you being happy about it on your own.

3. You are not only soulmates but best friends in the world.

In order to be soulmates, you must be best friends as well. You tell them your deepest secrets, you confide to them in anything and you see each other in true form. When you are best friends with one another, you see how incredible your significant other is--not just as a partner, but as a friend too.

4. You are completely yourself with one another and don't have to hide acting weird or strange in front of each other.

An important factor in knowing if you have found your soulmate is if you are yourself around them. You are not afraid of not wearing makeup in front of them, saying something too weird in front of them or embarrassing yourself royally. If they are your soulmate, they will love you even more for being yourself and will respect the fact that you are so comfortable around them.

5. They accept you for who you are.

A soulmate will accept someone for who they are without trying to change anything about them. In many relationships, people try to change one another and turn them into something they want their significant other to be. Yet, if you are really soulmates, you will not try to change who your partner is. You will love him/her no matter what. You will love all of their good qualities along with all of their flaws and accept them not for who you want them to be, but for who they are and always have been.

6. You not only laugh at the same things, but you laugh for so long that your stomachs hurt afterward.

Marry someone who laughs at the same things you do. If you think someone is your soulmate, yet you don't understand each other's humor, it will not last long. Marry the person who not only laughs with you but laughs at you too! If you enjoy and get each other's humor now, 20 years down the line it will still be enjoyable and only get even better! Sharing the same humor allows you to have inside jokes that only you and your partner understand, which allows your relationship to grow even further as a couple.

7. You make each other better people.

Your soulmate is someone that encourages you to do the right thing. Your soulmate is someone who makes you a better person. Your soulmate is someone who brings out the absolute best in you, not the worst.

8. You encourage and support one another in anything they do.

You know if you've found the one if your partner supports your life decisions. It is hard enough to make tough decisions on your own, but when you have someone there for you supporting your decisions, it not only makes you feel better, but it makes you and your partner's relationship much stronger. A soulmate will support their significant other in any decisions they make. Whether it be a big one or a small one, they are always by each other's side.

9. Seeing them makes everything better.

Plain and simple. A soulmate is someone who you see and it brightens up your day completely. A soulmate is the only person that can change your mood suddenly, (for the good and the bad), yet they always seem to make things better. A soulmate is someone who you can lay in their arms when you are sad or sick and feel like you are in the safest spot in the whole world.

10. You just get each other.

If you know, you know. Understanding one another is a key to knowing if you've found your forever soulmate. Not only do you get one another like you've never got anyone else, but you know more about them than anyone else in this world. You know when they are sad, mad or happy without them even having to say so. Being able to know what each other is thinking without even saying anything to each other is a rare gift that soulmates should hold onto forever.

11. You have the same sense of humor and jokes that no one will ever understand.

You both laugh at the same things and get each other's jokes. You may laugh together at things that no one else thinks is funny, and that is the beauty of love.

12. You can't imagine your life without him/her.

Be with someone who you can't imagine your life without. Don't be with someone just because you feel lonely or need affection. You deserve love, butterflies on your belly and the freedom of fantasizing over the idea of spending the rest of your life next to the person you love.

13. You picture growing old with them.

When you think about your life 20, 30 and even 50 years from now, you see yourself with the same exact person, except older and gray. You see yourselves having children, grandchildren and great-great grandchildren together, and you can't picture growing old with anyone else.

14. You don't feel the need to keep searching for more because you're at peace with what you have.

Your life is in a state of happiness, contentment and peace because you have all that you could have ever wanted and hoped for. Even when you're having a bad day, you know you have someone that loves you and cares about you which is rare to find, so you feel at ease.

15. You hurt when they hurt. You smile when they smile.

You feel each other's pain. When your partner is sad, so are you, and when they are happy, you are as well. You want the absolute best for each other.

That being said, relationships take work. Love is not only happiness, laughs, smiles and memories. Love is taking the bad with the good. Love is someone who is there for you no matter what, someone who puts you before themselves and someone who is your absolute soulmate.

If you haven't found this person yet, just wait for it. Someone in this world is out there for you. In fact, everyone has someone in this world out there for them. You deserve not only a partner, but a soulmate. If your partner makes you feel the way that this list did, I think you've found the one.