How You Know You Are Growing Up

How You Know You Are Growing Up

What the transition from childhood to adulthood is really like.

278
How You Know You Are Growing Up
Amanda Gabrielle

Growing up is a huge part of life and how we live it. Being in your 20s, there was that little transition from being a teenager to now adulthood that made you think, “wow, I’m growing up.” It’s weird to think that a we were recently kids wanting to grow up so bad. Then you grow up and you realize how much it actually sucks. Here’s how you know you are transitioning into adulthood.

You got approved for a credit card.

The day I thought would never come actually came. After my preapproval, I actually got approved for a credit card. At this point I felt so grownup because with a credit card comes bills, something I’m not used to.

You realize when people leave your life, it’s for the best.

I think this was when I knew I was growing up. I used to feel that every confrontation with someone was the end of the world. In 2018 alone I had lost a good amount of friends and it doesn’t bother me. People come and go..

Tinder becomes boring.

I remember when Tinder first came out, I was so excited. I was young, hip, and ready to swipe right on any man with a beard. Nowadays, I can't even open the app without sighing.

You are ready to settle down.

I don’t think I have to explain this too much but you know you’re growing up when one night stands aren’t fun to you anymore.

You learn how to save money.

This is a biggie for me since I usually like spending all my money on makeup. Today was a new makeup launch and instead of spending 200 dollars, I spent 150 (still transitioning). You also realize that you don't want to spend all your money on food and alcohol, and actually start saving up.

Staying in instead of going out.

When sleeping becomes more appealing to you than going out, that is how you know you are transitioning into the world of adulthood. Remember those nights where you stay up until the break of dawn? Those days are over. When you choose to stay in instead of going out with friends, you are no longer a kid. This also falls under being happy when plans don't work out. Made plans to go to drinks and a movie with a friend? Oh your friend is sick and can't make it now? How sad. (SCORE)

You learn your self worth.

This was a bit iffy for me to put on this list. But- I do think it is worth putting here. As self conscious as I can be, I know my worth. I know that I deserve love and happiness. When you realize that you’re worth so much than you ever thought you were, that’s when you’ll know you’ve transitioned into adulthood.

Growing up is never easy. But remember to stay calm, be true to yourself, and love yourself. It’s going to be a crazy journey into adulthood, but make it worth it.