How Witchcraft Changed My Life

How Witchcraft Changed My Life

Witchcraft has changed my life for the better.

330
How Witchcraft Changed My Life
Pexels.com

At one point in my life I was a normal Baptist girl who went to Vacation Bible School, went to church every once in a while, and believed in God. I was raised in a southern family in Florida and had a pretty okay life. My father was, and still is, a very loving and caring father and one of my biggest supporters. I remember when I was little and he would tell me that I could do anything I put my mind to, and that I could always be myself. My step mother was always so caring and would tell me that she loved me all the time. I remember growing up with my dad, step mom, and step siblings, and living in Middleburg and downtown Jacksonville and going to school and being pretty happy. It wasn't until around junior high and high school when I kind of abandoned my faith. Not because of anything traumatic or anything, I just couldn't find my heart and soul in my religion. I experimented with Buddhism and Paganism, and stuff like that, but it wasn't until recently that I found my true beliefs, even though I still have times where I might say something religious, or think something religious. Old habits die hard I guess.

Before I graduated High school and went on my journey to Witchcraft, I had been exposed to magic by my family. I remember having a few vivid premonitions while being in elementary school and Junior High. My grandmother also, in a way, exposed me to witchcraft. My grandmother has always been into crystals and things of the sort. I remember when she gave me two crystals, and one of them was a normal quartz crystal, and the other was a sort of blue clear crystal. I remember my father telling me about how my oldest aunt would have premonitions as well. When I first got interested in things relating to the paranormal and witchcraft, my family was perfectly fine with it, excluding the times my father scoffed at me about my beliefs and would look at me like I was crazy. Nevertheless, he still supports my decision of being into witchcraft and being a witch.

I graduated from High school in May of 2015, my little journey into witchcraft began soon afterwards. I met a guy, who I ended up dating and who we will call J, he was the one who introduced me to his friends, who were into witchcraft and were witches themselves. Even though I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with them and to learn much from them, I still learned so much that words couldn't always explain enough. My intuitive nature was heightened, my knowledge of the world around me changed, even though there weren't a whole lot of words said aloud, I could feel the difference in my bones, in my core, and in my soul. In the span of about four or five months, my world changed and I had been encased in a world that has challenged me to learn more, and to grow as a person in a way I never thought I would. I was present at the time of an exorcism of my now ex boyfriend. I learned about the seven wonders of magic. I learned that sometimes, the best way to do spellwork, or anything of that nature is to go by instinct. Sometimes I might not know all the answers, but my instinct can guide me when the blank spots need to be filled. After I broke it off with J, I met another guy, who we will call M, and we spent a total of about half a year together, and my knowledge of witchcraft soared. I learned about tarot, and that my magical element tends to be air, since my magic sometimes comes and goes like the wind. After I called it quits with him, I went into a large bout of depression and didn't manage to dig myself out of it until fairly recently. I am now fairly happy with life in general, and I know who I am, and what I want in life. I have been watching videos on "becoming your best self" and reading more into horoscopes and magic and tarot in general. Even though I am currently not fully able to work and practice any witchcraft at the moment, it surely has changed my life for the better.