Christian Feminism

Christian Feminism

“I am the femininity of Jesus Christ in the world."

20
Christian Feminism
St Luke Lutheran Church

When I feel like just a small part of this big, big world, I think of how God picked me to be exactly where I am at exactly this point in time. He didn’t want me growing up in the Victorian era or during one of the World Wars. He didn’t have me born in South America or Europe. God placed me exactly where I am for a specific purpose, and it is my job as a Christian to fulfill the calling that He has laid out before me.

It is beautiful to think that God looked at the world and decided that it needed one of you and it needed one of me. Unfortunately, society has molded us into believing that we need to change to fit its constraints. Without getting too political, I believe that the answers to all of today’s controversies are in the word of God. He made you EXACTLY the way you are for a specific reason. I am a daughter of the King to share the femininity of Jesus Christ with the world. He has prepared my male counterpart somewhere in this world to complete me. Because in the eyes of God, a man and a woman each contain a very different and a very unique component in the body of Christ. Both are needed for the completion of His image. I am still in the process of finding my missing piece, but with Jesus as the Lord of my life and first in my life, I know that He will provide for me and lead me to not just a man but THE man that He has prepared to share this life with me.

God makes no mistakes. He does everything with careful precision. You are not a mistake. You are intentional and therefore your life should be intentional. I know that some women may cringe at the words of we are to have “a gentle and quiet spirit”. Frankly, I take pride in being made a woman and I am working on living with more of a gentle and quiet spirit, knowing when to exercise restraint as I have been told that these are the most powerful women. That does not mean we are the inferior gender. We are the complementary gender. We are not in competition with men, we are in completion with men. Because let’s be real, we really were made to be their better half (wink wink). Being a Christian feminist does not mean that I do not have rights because when I decided to follow Jesus I gave up all of my rights to the Father who holds my heart. No part of me is ashamed of that or will rally against that.

So my women of Christ, I challenge you to be warriors. I challenge you to no longer believe the lies of this world but to believe the promises of your Father. I challenge you to fight for others who cannot fight. I challenge you to strength the areas of your life in which you are vulnerable so that the enemy can no longer reach you there. You are always stronger than you think. And never forget, He’s got you, darling.