How To Best Utilize Pinterest

How To Best Utilize Pinterest

And how to customize it to you.

36
How To Best Utilize Pinterest
GitHub

Almost everyone has a Pinterest account these days. I first got my account sometime in High School, and my school even had an after school Pinterest club, where students would get together and try out the crafts that they had found on Pinterest. But Pinterest can be a lot more than just a place to get craft ideas. Here are some of the ways that you can utilize your Pinterest account.

Create an inspiration board.

The boards you create on Pinterest say a lot about the kind of person you are. I enjoy occasionally looking through my friends boards and see the sort of things they “pin.” But how often do we go through our own boards and review the things we’ve looked at and liked? By creating an inspiration board, you will have something to turn to when you need to feel uplifted.

Personally, my inspiration board is all quotes from the leaders of my church. On Sundays especially, I look through this board and can instantly be reminded of the important things in my life. Whatever inspires you, create a board for it and look at it often.

Create boards based on your current life events.

When I became engaged to my husband, I created a board on Pinterest to pin all of my wedding ideas. It was perfect, because I had all of my ideas for the wedding in one place. Once I learned that I was pregnant, I created a baby board, where I have put all of the things about pregnancy that I either wanted to get or remember. Now that I am closer to having my baby, I have a parenting board, which is filled with tips and fun ideas of things to do with kids.

Whether you are a college student, an empty nester, or somewhere in between, create a board based on where you are in life right now. Not only will it make you feel more in control of where you are currently, but it can be fun to look at those past boards and remember when you were planning your wedding, or when you were pregnant.

Delete unimportant boards.

We were all guilty of it when we were younger. Almost all teenage girls had a board that was called something like “My Boys” or “Hotties” which was filled with pictures of Zac Efron or Josh Hutcherson. Just as our rooms can become cluttered, so can our Pinterest accounts. We sometimes create boards that in the moment seem awesome, but later on are just plain stupid. So don’t be afraid to delete the board when you need to.

Create a health board and refer to it often.

My health board acts like a second inspiration board to me. It encompasses workouts, mental health, and ways to become a healthier eater. A health board can help inspire you to become healthier by the pins you add to it. Maybe you want to eat better, or workout more. By creating this board, you will be able to do just that.

Have boards just for you.

Having a Pinterest should also be fun. Create boards that are meant just for you! For example, I have a board called “Literature and Books” which I use to pin books I have read, books I want to read, book merchandise, or quotes about books. I love this board and refer to it often as an English major. Create a board that will fill you day with happiness, and is based on something you love.

Pinterest is not only fun, but if you let it, it can inspire you to be the kind of person you want to become. So pick up your laptop or phone, go to Pinterest, and start pinning!