How To Survive Frat Parties 101

How To Survive Frat Parties 101

What is more fun than jamming out to top hit songs with your friends?

440
How To Survive Frat Parties 101
Trinity Kubassek

Most people in college worship the work hard, play hard lifestyle. Throughout my life, I always followed the work hard aspect of this phrase. However, I did not really incorporate the play hard aspect. In high school, I never partied because I never found the need to. I mainly spent my free time hanging out with friends, exploring various parts of Arizona, or watching Netflix.

I was never really into the partying culture until I came into college. When I attended my first frat party, during the first week of college, I did not know what to expect. I was overwhelmed and excited at the same time. Since then, I have learned so much about how to survive frat parties.

One of the most important tips to keep in mind is to always attend with a group of people you trust. Try to attend with more than two people. This means that you will always have a buddy or someone to walk you back to your dorm. It is also super fun to get all dressed up with your friends and help each other with makeup for a night out. Besides, what is more fun than jamming out to the top hit songs with your friends?

It is also essential that you prepare ahead of time.

Try to make connections with people in frats so you know which frats are hosting parties. This will help limit the amount of time you spend walking down frat row searching for a party in the middle of the night. If your squad decides to go frat-hopping, you should definitely let everyone know when or where you are going. In addition, you should also try to ask your friends at other parties to determine if it is worth leaving a party for another one. Often times, it may be hard to re-enter a party.

In addition, make sure you dress appropriately. If the weather is cold outside, make sure you wear enough but not too much that you sweat at the party. You should also keep in mind the theme of the parties if there is one. It is not imperative that the theme should be strictly followed but is a good idea to keep it in mind when picking out an outfit.

Furthermore, you should eat a solid meal and drink water beforehand.

Partying burns more calories than you think.

It is a surprisingly good workout.

At the frat party, it is totally acceptable to step out outside to catch a breath or take a break from dancing. I do it all the time. Sometimes, the parties get to crowded which can make the entire experience unpleasant. Stepping outside to catch a breath of fresh air or taking time to yourself is valuable.

Most importantly, you do not have to drink to have fun at frat parties. Sometimes, I am the only person sober in my group of friends and that is totally okay. I believe that I can have just as much fun sober. I have never had an experience where people encourage or pressure you into drinking. Do not drink unless you want to.

I hope you have as much fun at frat parties as I do! And special shout out to my frat party squad! I do not know what I would do without you guys!