How to Stay Motivated When You Feel Like Giving Up

23
Pinterest.com/Motivational Quotes, Elite Daily

We have all been there before. We experienced hardships that we thought we could not overcome or maybe that is what you are going through right now. I have definitely had my fair share of those moments whether it was due to my health, due to unforeseeable circumstances, or due to mistakes that I have made. Thus, I have some advice for you about how to stay motivated when you feel like giving up. The first step is to clear your mind and think about what your goals are at the moment or in the long run. That way, you will remember what matters the most to you instead of feeling directionless. What you need to do next is think about what you are truly able to accomplish and what will take more time and effort. As a result, you will be realistic about your goals instead of wearing yourself thin.

After you clear your mind and figure out what you are able to accomplish, you should talk to close friends and family about your struggles and what you hope to achieve. By doing this, you will have a support system and people that can hold you accountable. When we try to accomplish goals on our own, it can be difficult to stay motivated but easy to give up. That is why it is important to talk to close friends and family about our goals so we have people that we remind us of what we promised to do.

Now that you cleared your mind and talked to your family and/or friends about your goals, it is time to act. You need to stop talking about your plans and grab the bull by the horns. There will be times when you want to stop putting in effort since your goal does not seem like it is worth the hassle. Nevertheless, you must remember what you want to accomplish and remind yourself of the support system you have to help. Then, you need to get back on track to complete your goals.

Overall, the constant theme seems to be that we move from one goal to the next for one of three reasons. We accomplish our goal, we attempt our goal only to find out that it is not reasonable, or we move from one goal to the next since we fail to make a commitment. Regardless of which of the three categories you fall into, you should know that we will all spend most of our lives in an endless cycle of moving from one goal to the next and that at some point, most people fall into each of the three categories at one point or another. That might make committing to goals sound tedious and pointless. Even so, if we want purpose in our lives, we need to devote ourselves to activities that allow us to create our purpose. God may have the answer for what your purpose is, but he will never tell you what it is until you actively attempt to find it.